VACTAN - Talk to me....

mercrocker

Presumably one combs that thing through the applied layer and see which holes get covered? I'll get one of them ordered, but the only drawback is when you come to do inside box sections, where you can't measure.

Consumer advice please!!!

I do this every year... try to research which is the best rust prevention treatment stuff for pumping inside my sills, get confused with the conflicting advice and experience, and end up doing nothing because I've missed the mild weather.

I'm going to buy one of these asap and some sort of adaptor gun type thing to get right inside the sills, on the basis that any of them have got to be better than doing nothing (again) so which one do I buy and where from please? 

1. Waxoyl

2.  Dinitrol

3. Vactan

4. Sholtz

I do this every year... try to research which is the best rust prevention treatment stuff for pumping inside my sills, get confused with the conflicting advice and experience, and end up doing nothing because I've missed the mild weather.

I'm going to buy one of these asap and some sort of adaptor gun type thing to get right inside the sills, on the basis that any of them have got to be better than doing nothing (again) so which one do I buy and where from please? 

1. Waxoyl

2.  Dinitrol

3. Vactan

4. Sholtz

old engine oil + diesel if you have a gravel drive , based on the fact you never see a oily thing thats rusty

make sure its stopped dripping before using it on the road 

for the ones you asked about - waxoil i dont like it , doesnt seem to stop existing rust at all , dinitrol not bad , better than waxoil they d a super runny one that should seep in , vactan - depends whats inside the sills now , wont do jack over existing cavity wax  , shutz is underseal meant for the outside 

Presumably one combs that thing through the applied layer and see which holes get covered? I'll get one of them ordered, but the only drawback is when you come to do inside box sections, where you can't measure.

You just dip it in, no need to drag it.

Once you get a feel for brushing it it will probably come quite natural to get the right thickness.

1. Waxoyl

2.  Dinitrol

3. Vactan

4. Sholtz

None, Bilt Hambler or the equivalent from Rust.co.uk.

If your going to use Waxoyl save your self the trouble and just piss in the box section after eating a babybel with the wax wrapper on it, it will last longer and do more good.

• 4 months later...

I do this every year... try to research which is the best rust prevention treatment stuff for pumping inside my sills

Interesting test of a few cavity waxes - OK, the study is clearly funded by BH but I would doubt that a credible research organisation would fiddle the results to favour the customer. I would suspect that BH simply wouldn't publicise the study if it didn't do them any favours!

http://www.bilthamber.com/media/downloads/PG-BH13-001.pdf