Micra K10 - For sale.

ukrainespacemonkey

I have a problem car for sale with MOT till August and no tax. The car starts and runs, albeit very briefly, before cutting out once it reaches operating temperature. It will then cut out at idle. I'm told it's is symptomatic of many problems, mainly carburettor. The body has no rust although some degenerate has keyed one of my doors which can be seen in the picture. Got scrap value of £150 so that's all I'm really looking for as I would hate to see it squashed. 

Also, following an issue I had with a previous buyer and a focus I would like to point out this 

car isn't fitted with airbags.

It will probably need towed away too. 

If you need anymore reasons not to buy this car, please ask :)

post-17765-0-86168400-1396875297_thumb.jpg

post-17765-0-64682600-1396875166_thumb.jpgpost-17765-0-19868200-1396875187_thumb.jpgpost-17765-0-69086700-1396875216_thumb.jpgpost-17765-0-54951900-1396875243_thumb.jpgpost-17765-0-75101500-1396875270_thumb.jpg

post-17765-0-19632700-1396875311_thumb.jpgpost-17765-0-22713000-1396875335_thumb.jpg

post-17765-0-86479900-1396875361_thumb.jpgpost-17765-0-43586600-1396875396_thumb.jpg

post-17765-0-32247200-1396875439_thumb.jpg

I have driven this car literally twice and confirm if it was a Volvo I'd have bought it by now.

But it's not.

It's about five minutes from Glasgow Airport and with prior arrangement CMS206 DELIVERY SERVICE may* be available.

Something to note on carbs - if they're even slightly out, they will give you a whole shedload of running problems.

I have a spare carb for the 1.0/1.2 K10 if anyone needs one.

It is also the mirror image of my one:

Hmmmmm. Getting a carb may tempt me into fixing it. I couldn't previously get a carb without a K10 attached to it.

At £150 its almost worth me buying it for the tailgate struts then scrapping the rest of it.

Believe me cheaper than many of the options so far for strut replacement on the Cherry.

At £150 its almost worth me buying it for the tailgate struts then scrapping the rest of it.

Believe me cheaper than many of the options so far for strut replacement on the Cherry.

I tried some K10 struts when I owned it - I'm afraid they're a totally different fit (as in, not even a Dremel will help). Unless they changed the design radically during production, which wouldn't surprise me on an 80s Nissan.

Mustard mitt, I'm sorely tempted by this one - 2dr, no sunroof, clean arches, metallic beige, and one of my all-time top-ten favourite dashboards of EVAH. If Mrs_Duke wasn't looking directly at my crotch while caressing a Stanley knife, I'd be all over it like a nasty rash.

I tried some K10 struts when I owned it - I'm afraid they're a totally different fit (as in, not even a Dremel will help). Unless they changed the design radically during production, which wouldn't surprise me on an 80s Nissan.

Arse.

One forum suggested K10 struts would fit. Then I approached a company that said they could refurb both existing ones for £40, this then altered to make up sme new ones by welding the fixings from the old ones to some custom made struts at a cost of £260.

Piece of wood still in place....

Of no use whatsoever but this has taken me back to Summer 1990, and evening drives with a lady called Angie.

However she was my driving instructor and a total cow but she got me through my test. Once I passed she let me smoke in the car on the way back home and took me for a pint too.

Always had a soft spot for the K10 after that. Learner car extraordinaire. Steering was about eleventy turns lock to lock if I remember rightly!

Micrashed - just get a 'place' to get second hand ones, and weld the ends of your struts on? Surely 20 quid max?

I know what it's like to have ropey boot struts - I still have the dents in the back of my head.

They are some weird and fecking wonderful fitment peculiar to that car and that car alone. A car 20 years out of production, and you might as well be looking for the Holy Grail.

The next option when its being tickled with a Mig is to weld in some more modern fittings off a Primera (same size strut) and use a pair of Primera ones.

I'm waiting on the girl getting back from her papas just now. She's been tasked with taking the photos. If she hasn't I'm obviously not beating her hard enough.

Ok, so she took pictures, but from a standing position so you can't see the underneath of the the cills. Admittedly I didn't ask her to but I thought it might go without saying...