Xmas Autoshite South East/london meet up

AnthonyG

Yup, got home safe, if a little cold due to the inadequate heater in the 304 struggling to warm the sub-freezing outside air before it made it into the cabin. I assume SL made it home OK too - last I saw him his Accord was shooting off up the A47 - taking the safer option of going the long way round on A roads rather than taking the potentially icy back roads.Yes, it was a good evening, and some fine machinery there - both shite and not so shite. That blue Celica was wonderful. We'll have to do it again some time when it's not quite so cold...

Yeah, a very pleasant evening and nice to out some faces to a couple more names. Well done to Wuvvum and SL for coming down so far in such a great little car! I've not got the photos off the camera yet but will post them here later today all being well.

Yup, made it home safely. Great to see old faces and meet one or two new ones. Will definitely go down there again. Food good too, and cups of tea very hot.Outside of our own fine selection I think the Celica GT was my favourite too, it was amazing. The Fiat 600 (?) was rather neat as well.The shite fun continued on the way home, as we stopped for a look at the timewarp Neasden garage (amazing place) then I got to drive the 304 some of the way back. It’s an extraordinarily impressive thing! Then got to drive the Accord of course, the heater is actually little better than the 304’s (probably down to a stuck thermostat in the cooling system) but it was damn cold, and at least the frost wasn’t so hard as this morning.

Was that the Classic Cars people you were hob-knobbing with? Will there be an autoshite car on the front page soon? :D

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I stopped by them to let them know how far the little 304 had come and they kinda collared me to talk about the new issue. An Autoshite card was handed over though so hopefully they might pay a visit :D

Soz for the non-appearance last night, sounds like a good do. Here are my own pics from last nights activities:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The integra failed its MOT on a brake imbalance yesterday so i fixed that last night, MOT PASS IS IMMINENT!!! and my Dads lancia has popped its head gasket so we did a load on that too. Brrrr!

Excellent. Apologies for non-attendance. 100 miles round trip with no heater whatsoever and a misfiring van was just not tempting I'm afraid. RW, I have had comminque from SK that he has my pooch restraint, I'll get it from him shortly. I still owe you beer. SL, I shall wrap a bundle and post it, not likely to be till the end of the week though.