Xmas Autoshite South East/london meet up

AnthonyG

No date set as yet!The first week in December is going to be difficult for me but I should be able to make it in the second week. That leaves a couple of options:Classic Night at the Ace is the second Tuesday (11th) so we could revert to "Plan A" and meet up there.One other evening that week at the Fishery Inn. I'd pick Wednesday the 12th personally but it really needs the input of those definitely coming a fair distance and what they would be happy with.

Oh, for those who haven't seen them elsewhere, this is the kind of variety that turns up at the Ace.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess those are all a bit "classic" rather than shite but PaulH has a photo of the Talbot Tagora that turned up once! So you never know!

OK, as no-one has said otherwise shall we make it a date then. Tuesday 11th December, Ace Cafe Classic Night - 6 ish onwards.If I can I'll get there early and try and blag a table and have some way of identifying it as the A/S meeting point.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be there, whether I can make it for 6 is entirely dependent on the M3's traffic flow :lol: Pog - I'll bring yer dog guard plus an issue of Motor with a 325i Touring road test in it, if you like (it's traditional I turn up to these meets with an old mag under my arm).

Love to make it,but my wife has one week left until our little one is due,can i ask why a week night at 6pm,think it might be a bit of a nightmare trip?,love to show the shite v6 safrane....are weekends busy at the Ace?

Good luck with the small person!Meet was simply organised to coincide with the monthly classic night. People start arriving from 6 ish (on the way home from work I suspect) but I've been there chatting away 'til after closing time. Traffic is normally quite light by 7 unless there's been a nasty accident to cock it all up. Weekends are normally just full of bikes.

*buys tagora brochure*You know me anyway. Rather disappointingly, I think it is unlikely I will be arriving a-la shite, as I am starting a new job on monday and will have to bezz straight down. So apologies in advance for any modern derv nonsense interloping.

Quick? I've been taking my time chap :lol: I sat on some offers for a good week or so 'till I'd seen everyone I really wanted to see. As my old contract actually ended yesterday, and my new one starts on monday I'd say that ties up quite neatly. No pay for today though.

I will be there - turning up in a Ford Ka (courtesy car from Ford bodyshop) - don't think I will be let in in an '07' car though.But the Ka certainly feels retro inside - very 1997 - just needs an ad about the Millenium Dome, a copy of the Mirror from the day of Blair's election victory saying how wonderful life will be and a Robbie Williams track on the CD!I think I can bring along a copy of a What Car? Hatchbacks book from 1984, which has the Maestro as a best buy, which can donated to whoever wants it.Good news on the job Pog, hope Shite gathering can begin anew - do you still have either of the Minx's?