Shit you see at the side of the road

beko1987

For the last week I've seen a motorcycle saddle laying in the hard shoulder of the Thame bypass. Who the fuck accidentally drops their only seat?

Whilst sat on the M40 yesterday, when I went for a piss there was a landline phone, tyre and shirt in the verge the other side of the barrier.Also someones credit card sat in L1, he obviously thought it would be safe just throwing it out the window, I cant wait for my new TV...

Whats the most odd crap youve seen at the side of the road on roads?

I used to see exhaust back boxes quite a lot but not so many now.

Probably because there are less bangers on the road.

And old carpets.

Why dump these at the roadside when you can take them to a free council tip?

I saw a bathroom sink dumped on the side of the road this morning...

But I think the most numerous is the piss stained mattress or the obligatory Fridge Freezer or a cheap Halfords hubcap in a hedgerow.

I did find a bin liner once when I was a kid filled with packets of unopened menthol cigs which took me and my mates months to smoke down the local Rec.

And back in the day there always seemed to be Cassettes on the roadside where someone had got pissed off with their Harry Moss chewing them up and chucked the offending item out the car window in disgust.

Not quite on the grass verge but flying through the air! Once following a car with a lady on the back seat who was getting changed and her knickers were discarded out of the window ( dirty bitch!). I can remember much about the journey but it was quite enjoyable to watch her antics!

Does this count?

Video cassette tape. Why? 

I have an Elora 13mm  and a Facom 17mm combination spanner and a pair of wire strippers found on roads. And most bizzarre, a brake pedal from a Vincent motorcycle, found in a pile of junk in a layby near St Albans.

The old fridges / cookers and other white goods dumped in laybys and anywhere else is due to the stupid local

tip rules.

You can take stuff in in the car and it's accepted.

You can take stuff in in the car with a single axel trailer and it's accepted.

But no double axel trailers a defiantly not vans.

The local council want £20 per item to take them away, so stuff just gets tipped everywhere.

The old fridges / cookers and other white goods dumped in laybys and anywhere else is due to the stupid local

tip rules.

You can take stuff in in the car and it's accepted.

You can take stuff in in the car with a single axel trailer and it's accepted.

But no double axel trailers a defiantly not vans.

The local council want £20 per item to take them away, so stuff just gets tipped everywhere.

Our local does this too. I lent a mates dad the xm last year so he coudl empty his combo of rubbish and run it over in the xm, they were fine with it then after turning him away the weekend before. Tossers

It's usually shoes and jackets at the side of the dual carriageway, but I quite often see wheel bolts and disintegrated brake pads laying on the road. I often wonder how they get home like that.

Front valance and lots of them. Usually the turf has been disturbed  and sometimes a gap in the hedge.

Ha! The funniest one I saw like that was long skidmarks going off the side of the A40, followed by turfed up grass and a big hole in the fence smashed into the field behind. Then about maybe 100-150 metres further along was another hole in the fence smashed out towards the road, more turfed up grass and a Porsche down a ditch. I always chuckle when I think about that and would love to have known what happened :D

Well there's a complete toilet and old-style ceramic sistern in the middle of the road near work at the moment. Complete with rubble, bricks  and asbestos sheets. I mean in the middle of the road, not on the verge. Came across it yesterday on my way in to work so called the surrey cc emergency number to let them know it was a danger. 

On the way home the council had brushed it up into one pile so it only took up one lane and put signs and cones up. 

This morning there are another five, yes five, transit van sized mounds in the middle of the road in the same place. All household rubble - I spotted  kitchen sink and clothes airer. This is on a road through a nature reserve. 

The other weekend I went to a local village to collect a wooden door for our understairs cupboard.

On the way, I spotted a piece of pallet wood in the road and, round the next bend, another.

I went and collected the door and wedged it in the car, and on the return journey, stopped to scoop up the two pieces of pallet wood...

Ahem, you know when you are driving things in the road can seem smaller than you think? These bits of wood were 8ft long.

I still took them, but wonder how anyone could lose such massive bits of timber without noticing.

I went to a small local DIY shop in about 1985 and where I parked, someone had left a lovely metal-handled hammer and a large screwdriver in the road.  Probably fell out of the van when they were loading up.  Needless to say, 29 years later, I'm still using them.  They went to Cyprus and back, not to mention moving house several times.  The hammer even appeared on stage, with red paint all over it, as the Murder Weapon in an am-dram play!