Wheeler Dealers .....

blguy1975

Hi Everbody

Did anybody see Tonights Wheeler Dealers?

Mazda RX7 ?

Mazda RX7 ? ?no I have never seen one too

Wrankel Engine Car

Mazda were the only company to produce a Wrankel Engine car ( no mention about NSU?)

£5000 for the car which had had £££££ spent on it and looked really nice

Then the Mockney got his Hands on it

£900 for a rad as Mazda 's R&D dept dont have a clue what they are doing ,Had to pop the battery in the boot as one would .

£800 for a ECU  RE map as Mazda 's R&D dept dont have a clue what they are doing,Done by a Man called Pip!!

££££ on snake skin alloys and spoiler

Snake wrap the whole car 

At this stage thught they were planning to sell it to Bet Lynch or Lewis Spence!m

In total around £8500 spent then .....

total shock

Sold to the  Man who sold it to them .....Really???

Really wish WD Would leave this sort of thing to Richard Hammond or that Swaring Bald Cockney!!

Going to have to stop watching ,Thank goodness for car SOS ,Fuzz is a Saint!!

Rant Over

Matt

It was an awful episode last night, really boring and the car was shite, definitely the worse yet, I can't believe the chap who sold it bought it back for nearly £5000 more!

Car SOS on the other hand was excellent as always, that Cortina looked the mutts nuts once finished and I always get a lump in my throat when they give the car back!

It was an awful episode last night, really boring and the car was shite, definitely the worse yet, I can't believe the chap who sold it bought it back for nearly £5000 more!

Car SOS on the other hand was excellent as always, that Cortina looked the mutts nuts once finished and I always get a lump in my throat when they give the car back!

I'm sorry but the "haggling" and "selling" is about as real as Michael Bolton's teeth.

I do normally enjoy Wheeler Dealers, the workshop part anyway. But last night they took a decent car with few problems and completely "Barried it". Great opportunity to show how to fix a wankel engine wasted for the sake of appealing to the fast and furious OMGDrifta scene. Knobheads.

Next week it's a 2CV. What they going to do? Lower it and bung in a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine with a faux leopard skin interior?

I know Ed from his CC/sofa days and haven't seen the RX7 episode yet (I was too busy seething at Chop Shop). WD is normally quite good, with the exception of the sales bit at the end. 

Car SOS is way better than this pretend show...

I watched the Cortina episode last night (the red Mk1) and didn't really rate it that much. Re-assembling a Mk1 Tincorner is hardly the mechanical nightmare that they made it out to be. Espcially as it apperared that they have a £14k budget for the car.

Still loving Fast'n'loud though, which shows how messed up my world is.

I do wonder what their budget is for SOS, they seemed to chuck endless amounts of money at the Tina, i'm a big fan of Fast N Loud but I am finding Richard Rawlings a bit irritating now with his BOOM, POW, shite

Pretty sure I heard £14k mentioned last night, when they were doing the parts list.

Agree about RR in FnL, starting to believe his own publicity?

I do normally enjoy Wheeler Dealers, the workshop part anyway. But last night they took a decent car with few problems and completely "Barried it". Great opportunity to show how to fix a wankel engine wasted for the sake of appealing to the fast and furious OMGDrifta scene. Knobheads.

Next week it's a 2CV. What they going to do? Lower it and bung in a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine with a faux leopard skin interior?

could have been worse

4494404.jpg

4494410.jpg

They do a nice range of stuff - some gets restored, some gets modified. Can't see the problem really. We've all seen ebay and know full well there are some people who would jizz themselves over a wrapped RX7!

A Car Is Born was better for technical stuff but 90% would turn it off, it wasn't entertaining for most.

Fast 'n' Loud is equally misleading, there's sackloads of continuity errors where a car will turn up on it's new wheels for engine work, and then later in the program they get a delivery of wheels. I think the only thing they're most honest about is making a loss sometimes.

Fast n Loud has just turned into a vehicle for them to sell cheese burgers and t-shirts (surely the american dream). It was better when they worked out a shitey wee garage and regularly lost money.

The cars are just there to fill a TV show I can't see how it's a real business. Also all that "I've put all my money into this car I'm gonna go bust" shite is nonsense anyone who's googled him knows he's got 10+ million in the bank from selling his old printing business.

Obviously I still watch it.

I have to admit I like the techniques they use. They retrimmed a manky range Rover by using that wet film stuff to add a fairly convincing carbon fibre look to interior trim. That was clever.

Nice to see the same technique used yesterday, shame it was snakeskin. Wonder if it works on shoes?

Fast n Loud has just turned into a vehicle for them to sell cheese burgers and t-shirts (surely the american dream). It was better when they worked out a shitey wee garage and regularly lost money.

The cars are just there to fill a TV show I can't see how it's a real business. Also all that "I've put all my money into this car I'm gonna go bust" shite is nonsense anyone who's googled him knows he's got 10+ million in the bank from selling his old printing business.

Obviously I still watch it.

Yes me and the Mrs found that out pretty quickly, his pal Dennis that turns up with the wad of dollar bills in the attache case is worth 20 Mill apparently. Potless they are not... Like you say still watch it though because it's full of characters I suppose.

And WD did go down hill yesterday but I watched it as I always do. Hopefully they will be back on track next week with the 2CV.

I don't watch a single one of these car programs. TV car programs aren't actually aimed at the likes of us, they're for Joe Public who has just a vague passing interest in motors and as such are generally a complete crock of shit. If I want to view anything I'll maybe watch Roadkill or find some old automotive based documentary on Youtube, but that's about it. 

I'd rather spend time on the spanners than sat in front of the idiot box anyway.

Ti be fair to WD over the years I've picked up some great tips and tricks from Ed China. For the entirely self taught spanner artist it has helped.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ed isn't the problem with that show.

Scrapheap Challenge was always a fix, but an entertaining one.

With Scrapheap challenge they uses to get the experts to submit plans in advance for what they wanted to build. If they weren't suitable they would hen be given a few goes to improve.

Then based on the plans they would plop some strategic bits round the scrap heap. In cases where they has steam boilers etc which needed safety checking this again was done all in advance.

Then once machines were built they were often taken apart and rebuilt/modified to be safe.

The teams did have to build it all in time but health and safety stuff could be done afterwards.