Wheeler Dealers .....

blguy1975

I liked the MGC makeover,

It ended up looking really good,rather than the Giffer special it was!

See, MGCs do nothing for me; I've driven five and not really liked any of them.

I liked what they did to their MGC and they've said on several occasions it isn't a strictly OEM remit.

Then again, I hated that Martini liveried Integrale the other week (but then I have an irrational hatred of road cars done up in race/rally livery).

Watched an episode of Salvage Hunters recently where they were going nuts over an N reg Rover 2200. Now I remember these when they came out and both my father and his work colleague had one. The one on the programme was the least desirable version - an SC (Single Carb). They never showed the interior or dash but as far as I remember the SC dash had the strip speedo: a quirky period piece but not exactly desirable compared to the lovely set of instruments on the TC and 3500 - one of the finest dashboards on any popular car ever in my opinion.  To cap it all they replaced the lovely cloth seats with leather and replaced the wheels with Rostyle examples. Drew Pritchard rants on and on about originality but I don't recall any SCs with these wheels or a leather interior as they were the poor mans Rover. I'll take a TC or 3500 any day but you can keep an SC, even a minter.

I met Edd a few years ago. He struck me as a bit of a miserable sod. He did take a pal of mine for a spin on his motorised couch thing though.

Brewer irritates me.

Car S.O.S would be great if they did the job right. Pretty much everything they do comes out at the end with terrible door gaps. I know they're working to a budget and time is fairly tight, but 'restoring' cars which end up with shut lines visible from space and doors that sit 1/4 proud doesn't really help anyone. It just produces shiny cars which require hours of work to get straight again.

I had an ex-TV 911 Carrera 3.2 for a while. It looked lovely on telly, but in reality it was a bit of a mess. It had received a respray from a telly company at the kind of standard I suspect Wheeler Dealers produce. Shiny, but hiding a multitude of sins.

Ant Anstead appears to be the best on telly at renovating cars correctly.

Can't stand Ant Anstead. Cocky prick and totally charmless.

Obvs everyone’s entitled to their opinion. But I think he’s fabulous; genuine, charming, switched on and very grounded. He’s from just a few miles down the road to me and my friends who’ve happened across him found him to be nothing other than immaculate.

Brewer however ;)

I like Ant too, surprised the current setup actually works as well as it does and very pleased about that.

I do miss Edd though. I think personally in a perfect world Thomas Weeks as buyer, Edd, Ant and Fuzz as the dream team of fixers, and Wayne Carini as the parts sourcer would be a good show. Maybe get Aaron Kaufman as project manager and Brewer making the tea and we’re done here

Seriously though, of all the shows what would be your dream combo? The Grand Tour with Chris Goffey, Tony Mason, and Woollard? Flipping Bangers with Tom Smith and Jordan from Misfit Garage? Maybe Fast and Loud starring James May and Leepu?

See, MGCs do nothing for me; I've driven five and not really liked any of them.

I liked what they did to their MGC and they've said on several occasions it isn't a strictly OEM remit.

Then again, I hated that Martini liveried Integrale the other week (but then I have an irrational hatred of road cars done up in race/rally livery).

Agreed, the MGC I tried (two actually) never did anything for me either, a nice enough cruiser, just kept thinking 'Why bother, just stick to a 'B or a B V8' - much better all round. Guess that's why they only lasted about three years.

Agree totally with the Integrale - I was lucky enough to own an identical F-reg 8-Valve version of this car 1997-99 as my daily driver (the 8V & early 16V's were subtle with no silly crap spoilers and huge arches that came later) and thought 'Fuck no' when they started with that vinyl wrap/rally bullshit. While it didn't look totally terrible, I also can't really stand that road/race reps either, they'd have been better off respraying it in original red and sticking with the OE wheels, it would have made more money IMO. 

• 3 weeks later...

New WD uncut, avalible on VHS NOW!

Includes

*15 hours of mike reading "swap for xbox m8" bonus footage

*13.5 hours of Facebook "is this available" Messages going unanswered

* 5 hours of ed raging and calling a stubborn part a "fucking cunt" before dropping the spanner then throwing a shit fit.

* over 35 extra "for fuck sake, deep breaths sighs" when parts from euro's turned out to be wrong.

Avalible to rent now in your local blockbuster,

Autoshite makes me laugh, a lot. But I almost pissed myself when I read this. Brilliant.

Ooh err....

Anyway. If you haven't watched Roadkill yet then do. Car guys doing car stuff. 29 episodes on youtube. Apart from the top gear Bhurma special I have watched nothing else car based in years.

shame they made it pay to view and moved it to their own website, as i really looked forward to watching roadkill. I even clicked the ads on their videos in the hope of doing my bit. I even tried buy the pay monthly for 3 months, but it wouldn't let me pay because we're in britain apparently.