Tagora SX - Restoration

TagoraSX

Looks like a bit of work ;) , Love the color, looks as if somebody accidently dropped a tin of red into the bin with the gold paint, propably exactly what happened.

The original TRX wheels do look beautiful and their square styling is a perfect fit... but:

210/65 R365 are no longer available, Michelin suggests 220/55 instead. Be aware that even the tires you buy "new" now for a lot of money were propably made 10 years ago, depending on the storage conditions they may not be any safer as the ones you have. Michelin makes a batch and then sells until out of stock, waits some more years and then makes another batch.

If you have any intention to drive safely and at the speeds the car is capable of, better get the original 14" steel rims or put some 505 15" Amil, they look pretty cool as well.

fs__c_2373_v_02.jpg

By Tagora standards, your wing mirror is in excellent condition, and yes do show us the interior!

Greetings

Peter

P.S.

just had a look at ebay, the TRX for sale there are R rated ( 170 km/h ) winter tyres DOT 521/481 which reads 1981 (or 1991?) and still cost a fortune, you dont want these, do you?

Wow, in my top five of most desirable cars ever, would love an automatic version but don't think they made one in V6 did they.  Also thought boobydoo's was the only road going Tagora SX around, where is he on this thread?  Remember seeing his immaculate red one at the NEC a couple of times.

Wonderful, jealous, jealous, jealous!

I am NOT looking forward to replacing these..

18_zps8c34f3d1.jpg

Or these...

5_zps007ac3f2.jpg

45psi and some tyre slick will sort those tyres.

Top save - even the colour is magnificent.

And so is the sound - it sounds like something extremely exotic from Italy, not from the makers of the horizon.

there was a guy on the Peugeot forum in Australia who combined the middle bit of a Peugeot TRX wheel and the rim of a Skyline 16" (apparently these are unwanted in Skyline circles) and welded them together.

They looked great and as they were welded in a complete circle the total diameter of the rim I would imagine fairly strong.

I lovely find and nice to see it's gone to a good owner...

What do you do to repair the pitting on the plastic door mirrors (plus of course all the welding) can you go over them with a fine wet and dry and soapy water to get them back up to scratch..

I guess the problem being with the Tagora is that if you break a part trying to repair it you just can't find a replacement part.

I take my hat of to you for restoring such an interesting car it's going to look great when done and I love the colour..

A brown Tagora, nary a more perfect car has been seen on Autoshite!

Only ever seen one once in the flesh, usually sat outside my hotel in Malta (Sliema) in 2006 (so hopefully also RHD, but no idea if it was). Really hope it's still going, as I didn't appreciate the rarity at the time. Sadly StreeVview hasn't got that far yet :-(

Looks like a bit of work ;) , Love the color, looks as if somebody accidently dropped a tin of red into the bin with the gold paint, propably exactly what happened.

The original TRX wheels do look beautiful and their square styling is a perfect fit... but:

210/65 R365 are no longer available, Michelin suggests 220/55 instead. Be aware that even the tires you buy "new" now for a lot of money were propably made 10 years ago, depending on the storage conditions they may not be any safer as the ones you have. Michelin makes a batch and then sells until out of stock, waits some more years and then makes another batch.

If you have any intention to drive safely and at the speeds the car is capable of, better get the original 14" steel rims or put some 505 15" Amil, they look pretty cool as well.

P.S.

just had a look at ebay, the TRX for sale there are R rated ( 170 km/h ) winter tyres DOT 521/481 which reads 1981 (or 1991?) and still cost a fortune, you dont want these, do you?

I would not fit new old stock TRX, even at 4 or 5 years old the rubber would have started to harden.

I will try and sort some 505 rims (Those Amils look nice) for now and wait for the next batch of new TRX.

just noted yours has wipers on the lights, what an extreme luxury, this can only be beaten by the factory fitted heated seats (no joking, i know a car that has this). Now I am extremely jealous!

Would you like to swap your front chassis rails for my headlamp wipers?  :-D