Please tell me not to buy this Renault 30 td...

Daniel R25

Yes,
that is what happens right now. After years of importing W123/ 124 from Germany and paying high prices they have to be sold off now... Workshops evolved around this classic car scene in recent years but there won't be much business in that now.

Remember that I also own this.
gallery_781_13_621696.jpg

Two French barges and a laguna? Well.

Daniel

Just to chuck my 2 euro's in, the R30 has always been one of my favourites; brother had a R20 GTX for a while, and was more comfortable than a very comfy thing.

Get it bought, if only so we can all "own" it vicariously through you.

Good luck mein freund.

Spend a day in an mot station when the diesels are going through emission tests. The sooty shit they puke out makes me feel like death.

The only advantage I can see to diesels is the economy. Yes, they're torquey when they're turbocharged but so are petrol engines.

Also, since diesels have got more common there's a lot more soot and shit in the air.

IF manufacturers had spent as much time developing petrol engines and maybe lpg systems the world would be a much nicer place.

Also. Diesels sound shit.

Well,

The deal is done... How could I decide against it with your most convincing arguments?
900 Euros was another good argument... Now I'll have to learn how to weld. :)

I will see how the engine runs. The plan is to fit it with my Espace spares to minimize soot:
- an Espace variable nozzle turbo which produces boost from very low rpm (Standard on some 1996 Espace, base engine is the same as the R30 one)
- an Espace Euro 2 cat and new injectors
- a system to power the glow plugs after start up (Standard espace item)

I'll let you know how this comes along...

Daniel

Excellent news. 

I will always remember as a 15yr old in 1976 a shiny new bronze Renault 30 wheelspinning out of a junction in front of my Dad's old croaker.

It was a new age of brawny continental hatchback modernity, and my Dad in his old Triumph 2000 needed to wake up and buy one so I could hold my head high at school.

• 7 years later...

It was saved by someone who was thought to be an eccentric car enthusiast, but turned out to be nothing other than a low rent conman with a crippling personality disorder and without a shred of decency about him. He quickly grew tyred of the poor old thing and cashed in his* chips**. 

Or was that a different car? 

Borniteidentity Massive. 

2 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

It was saved by someone who was thought to be an eccentric car enthusiast, but turned out to be nothing other than a low rent conman with a crippling personality disorder and without a shred of decency about him. He quickly grew tyred of the poor old thing and cashed in his* chips**. 

Or was that a different car? 

Borniteidentity Massive. 

Mr Chairman's wife says she agrees with your sentiments!

He's a lousy rotten bastard! She sent the kids down to the colliery gates to catch him on the way out, but he sneaked out through the management carpark, and  as we speak is down the Dog and Duck drinking away the week's wages!

He's too bad even for Thurnscoe....

Comrade Birken

Doubleyeller Collective