Little Minx

Mr Livered

Go on then, how much?

Well you could click the link... ;)

I asked around for advice on how much to ask, and got a really wide range of responses. In the end I plucked out a figure of £4500, but included the following text in the listing:

However please don't be afraid to make an offer: I would rather sell it for less money to a nice person who will appreciate it, cherish it and - most importantly - use it than get top money by passing it onto a collector who will shut it in a garage for 51 weeks of the year.

Do you think that's fair/reasonable?

• 4 years later...

So I sold this Minx in the midst of a nervous breakdown, and bitterly regretted it once I had come back to my senses. Off it went to a chap in Scotland, which is a long way from Devon.

Next thing I knew, the chap I bought it from (the chap who dragged it out of a barn and did some light recommissioning before I bought it from him and restored it properly) messaged me to say that he had acquired it. He wasn’t willing to let me buy it from him, understandably because he said it was his “forever car”. But he did say that if he changed his mind he would give me first dibs.

Having thought about the Minx constantly, today I went looking for it on the blue forum, to see if there was any news on it and hoping for a sign he might be relenting, and willing to sell it to me again. But I discovered he sold it in January. He must have forgotten about the first dibs thing.

Absolutely gutted.