I just paid...

wuvvum

I filled my cortina at 101.9 the other day as i thought that was as good as i would get for a while, then they brought the price down.. gits!I know what you mean though, at 99.9 at least the litres go up faster than the price (although only just)the high price of fuel is a big part of why the country's in so much crap just now... maybe they've finally realised that they pushed us just that bit too far.

Oil hit $62 a barrell today, so the price of fuel should be geting more sensible by the day.

So if it's dropped by more than 50% from it's high of $150 a barrel, why has fuel only come down 10-15p a litre?
'Cos most of the pump price of fuel is tax, and I don't think that's about to come down... :evil:

Oil hit $62 a barrell today, so the price of fuel should be geting more sensible by the day.

So if it's dropped by more than 50% from it's high of $150 a barrel, why has fuel only come down 10-15p a litre?
'Cos most of the pump price of fuel is tax, and I don't think that's about to come down... :evil:
Yeh, I know it's a ridiculous about of tax but thats a huge drop in the price of oil....surely fuel should have come down more than it has.

Yeh, I know it's a ridiculous about of tax but thats a huge drop in the price of oil....surely fuel should have come down more than it has.
Yeah, it probably should. Gordon Brown reckons it should anyway. Kind of ironic really as it's his fault the price is so f***ing high in the first place. :roll:

Yeah, it probably should. Gordon Brown reckons it should anyway. Kind of ironic really as it's his fault the price is so f***ing high in the first place. :roll:
I really hate hypocrites!http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Market-Turmoil-Gordon-Brown-Demands-Petrol-Price-Cut/Article/200810315122305 :roll:

The good old oil Sheikhs now want to cut production to get the price up again :x honestly, Isn't life nowadays like being on a bloody rollercoaster, what with this and all the financial/economic turmoil, one minute there are stories of doomed Banks and plumiting shares, then next day there are Government rescue packages and interest rates cut and we're all saved! then next day unemployment is up and rising, markets panic about recession and the shares plumit again, and the Banks suddenly don't like the look of the rescue package and...... :roll:

OPEC are digging a whole for themselves here. They might as well sell us their oil now for a reasonable price, because in 30 years time we won't need it. Likewise gas from the Commies. I work for a company that builds power stations all over the world and can tell you that coal fired is pretty much history, oil soon to follow. Heck, even the Combined Cycle Gas Turbine plants we build are a stopgap (mind you at £600 million a pop, some stopgap)Nuke power and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles FTW.

Just got back from the local Morrison's myself - the queues reminded me of the fuel shortages of 2000...111.9p a litre of derv, not bad. So my 600 miles costs £60 to replenish.

Went to my local one last night, queues were stupid. I had put a fiver in my modern daily in the morning but due to Total being EPIC SPAZZERS they have eleventy diesel pumps, loads of HI OCTANE=MONTHS WAGES PER LITRE and next to sod all 'normal' unleaded pumps. Consequently I had to put 0.003 litres of hi octane shoite in. How I love paying 7p per litre more just because some monkey chucked 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 fluid ounce of some dodgy chemical into every 6,000 b*st*rd tonnes in the storgae tanks.

Not a fan of SuperPlusPerformanceWOW fuel then? :wink::lol::shock: Still ludicrous prices here, but that's because we only have 2 petrol stations now, and both of those are next to the fugging A1. In fact the piddly provincial non-chain filling stations a couple of villages into 'the wilds' is routinely cheaper than both the big Texaco and SainsBreeze. GITS.

OPEC are digging a whole for themselves here. They might as well sell us their oil now for a reasonable price, because in 30 years time we won't need it. Likewise gas from the Commies. I work for a company that builds power stations all over the world and can tell you that coal fired is pretty much history, oil soon to follow. Heck, even the Combined Cycle Gas Turbine plants we build are a stopgap (mind you at £600 million a pop, some stopgap)Nuke power and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles FTW.

I work for a company that builds petrol all over the world. But it's KNOT MI FOLT the stuff is so expensive and I neither get free nor discounted fuel.

Shell garage on east marketgait in Dundee down to 95.9!!! its christmas! My LPG probe's off the road needing an MOT and I'm not bothering at the mo as LPG prices haven't budged form 50p/litre for some reason so I'll take advantage of the lower unleaded prices to run my cortina until the gap gets wide enough again that its worth me forking out to test the probe :D

Today I filled up @ 99.9 - woohoo! It's been a long time since I've paid £30 and actually got (just a smidge over) 30 litres for my money. GR8 news for my GSA which seems to average 31 mpg at the moment.... with a 1299cc motah churning out 65 finest French horses... Mark.

I work for a company that builds power stations all over the world and can tell you that coal fired is pretty much history, oil soon to follow. Heck, even the Combined Cycle Gas Turbine plants we build are a stopgap (mind you at £600 million a pop, some stopgap)Nuke power and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles FTW.

I thought the Chinese were knocking up coal-fired power stations like they were going out of fashion? Doesn't 2/3 of their electricity come from coal, or some crazy figure like that?There are still gigantic coal reserves and the two biggest producers, China and the US, love burning the stuff for electricity. You sure it's history?Nuclear power's the business alright. As long as you don't have Homer Simpson types flushing the remnants into the Irish Sea or covering half the Caithness coast with plutonium. :lol::lol:

I work for a company that builds power stations all over the world and can tell you that coal fired is pretty much history, oil soon to follow. Heck, even the Combined Cycle Gas Turbine plants we build are a stopgap (mind you at £600 million a pop, some stopgap)Nuke power and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles FTW.

I thought the Chinese were knocking up coal-fired power stations like they were going out of fashion? Doesn't 2/3 of their electricity come from coal, or some crazy figure like that?There are still gigantic coal reserves and the two biggest producers, China and the US, love burning the stuff for electricity. You sure it's history?Nuclear power's the business alright. As long as you don't have Homer Simpson types flushing the remnants into the Irish Sea or covering half the Caithness coast with plutonium. :lol::lol:
The Chinese are quietly being talked around, and the Spams have shelved plans for 40 new pulverised coal plants. With India having recently been taken off the nuclear "naughty list" all that remains is to convince Joe Public that reactors can be safely operated, as in France.

Isn't the time-lag on fuel prices usually explained by the fact that the filling station bought 20,000 litres of unleaded at last week's wholesale prices? Surely the vitriol should be directed at those who put the prices UP when the cost per barrel is rising but there's still stocks of petrol previously purchased cheaply sloshing around in their underground tanks?