I haz Primulaaaaaaa

nigel bickle

I actually thought this car was a ficticious diagram used in the circa 1970 'AA Book of the Car' until recently. I had heard of the Primula when reading about the first front drive Fiats's engineering test-bed but didnt know that it was actually this car.

I am so glad that it exists, MOAR PLZ.

it has not seen daylight in about 15 years, which has probably saved it.

Owner has by-passed broken ignition to get it to fire, briefly -but the pump wont operate so the fuel system is borked. I expect the tank is full of tar.

He has whipped  off the flat front wheel to put the good spare on, in prep for exhumation, and is happy to help 

A more detailed report from current keeper to follow shortly, but gut feeling is that its essentially sound -with failing paint & minimal rustproofing. Hopefully dry long term storage will have preserved it sufficiently.

Mechanically its almost a Fiat 128 -which I'm very used too (having recently resuscitated Negative Creeps old 313).

Aim is for him to get it rolling, then we'll A frame back from Lille when next passing, probably late in March. We might  kill 2 birds & re-import it using the Ronda -and have another go at NOVA!

Heartened by the owners 2 other cars, a lovely Montreal & a very clean Challenger! 

I would properly love to spend some time with one of these. For those not in the know, it was built by Autobianchi, and pretty much set the scene for the small, front-wheel drive, transverse engine-with side on gearbox, hatchback, yet is a car almost unknown to many.

Fabuloso!!!! All I have is a brochure....

3447783851_572dd53863_b.jpg

elongated fiat 850 (fk i haz wood now) to me.......

lovely thing

bickle you git :D