what cars not to buy

fordperv

He replaced Clarkson on Top Gear and got busted for drunk driving about three milliseconds later.

I think it was James May who replaced Clarkson, Brendan Coogan came in with the new younger team they bought in around 1999, Adrian Simpson, Jason Barlow etc I think this is what lead to the large ratings fall as all the main and popular presenters had gone by then.

I always liked Steve Berry he mainly did the bikes as that was his field but would do various reviews and some classic car stuff too, he was always more open minded about brands compared to Jeremy Clarkson and Quentin Willson whose style was very similar.  Tony mason was a joy to watch and I thought Andy Wilman was good as well but wasn't used very often, he's the producer of 'New' Top Gear now, apparently he and Clarkson came up with the format strange he didn't present on it.

I've had the hots for that generation of Honda Legends for a while now, the do seem to be stupendously cheap now for what they are. Whats the general consensus on them? what goes wrong? I assume the fuel economy isn't a highlight but anyone know what can be reasonably expected on a run?

I had an ex police driving skool manual 827 for a few years with the Honda lump, engine the smoothest and most silent i've ever had, it went like hell (as did the fuel so driven but i was a younger idiot then, now i'm an old idiot) 145 and still pulling so the bigger engine should be seriously quick, nothing went wrong.

What was an eye watering job was the cambelt change @ about 90k miles, that cost me IIRC £250 (or was it £290?) in '95 and looked so hellish complicated that i baulked and got the local Rover dealer to do it, i did all my own work in those days but sod that.

My mate, who always found decent lasting motors cheap, had a 2.7 Legend for years then a 3.5 or whatever they are, bugger all went wrong with them either.

I'm seriously tempted by that green bugger at Angmering.