Have I missed the boat on Rover SD1's?

Heidel_Kakao

Most of us should be well genned up on Keefy (ARoffline) Adams' Polski SD1 resto, he ended up with a very tidy series 1 car, but it did end up costing a fair few bob. Rimmer Bros do have quite a few body panels in stock, but aren't the cheapest. I do like the SD1 myself, a car BL could have got right, as the styling was very crisp indeed, and just look at BMW and Audi today, both make SD1 es-que execs. Prices are on the up as a whole, which is sad for us shitters, but good for the car it's self.

• 8 years later...

Holy thread revival batman! 🤣

I noticed this was posted in 2014 did you end up purchasing an SD1 in the end?

They seem to be fetching some silly money now but ive been luckily enough to own three a 1986 2600 Vanden Plas which i still own and drive daily. I bought a 1983 S to save it from the scrapper and restored it before moving it on to a good home and more recently i purchased a 1984 V8 Vanden Plas which i am currently restoring. Ive never really had a problem with rust or rot but i have spent many weeks sometimes months preventing water leaks and fixing electrical issues. I still think they are great cars though and enjoy driving them you simply cannot beat the iconic looks analogue driving experience and that unnecessary large and oddly shaped steering wheel hitting your thighs or obscuring the steering wheel.