Richard

There's a bit of an oddity with the petrol gauge, it goes down as if you were burning petrol, as if it can't believe you aren't. When you park on a slope it thinks you've filled up and reverts to the right level.

The gauge dropping is (mainly) based on a calculated fuel consumption based on injector pulse times, so as the ECU is still thinking it's on petrol, that gauge will keep falling. You can get an emulator to fake this and show the correct level, if it bothers you.

http://www.aeb.it/products/emulators/392

But for the price I'd guess it's hardly worth it...

These are a fantastic bit of utterly utterly bland kit, what Richard doesn't mention is the mahoosive boot, which is big enough for several dead hookers, or perhaps one person from Boston.

They don't drive as well as the Xantia does, but they have the added bonus that you can get plenty of cheap spares for them, where the Xantia stuff is now getting a little harder to find.

That really is a bargain, taxed, tested and running on gas for £300 - Jeez H Corbett, you could buy it run it til the test is out and then strip the LPG and probably break even.

Im quite tempted myself.

Is it an AG system (might be badged Nicholson McLaren? I can't be certain, but I think it is from the injectors. Assuming it's correctly specified for the car (and I hardly think the engine is going to tax an LPG too heavily!) the problem could well be as simple as clogged filter(s) as you suggest. Easy to change and fairly cheap, but I guess it depends on how much it bothers the new owner switching on to petrol to overtake...

Why do all the SERIOUSLY BARGINOUS cars need to be located in very, very up North, as in, in Scotland. My free KV6 was from Glaaasge plus I got free alloys and SatNav from there. Since then there have been some seriously temptingly cheap cars up for sale in Scotland. I think I need to move to Scotland instead.

Oh, and good luck with sale sir.