Eligible Shite?????

RENOMAD

Was offered this yesterday. Very clean,120k though no history.

Needs a small bit of welding to both sills as bodykit seems to have trapped water. Also a bit of bubbling around the windscreen. Also needs new brake pipe. Should I touch it at all :?

Posted Image

I have an early (F plate) unmolested original and can highly recommend. They have amazing mid range torque, and are a blast to drive. Economy isnt so hot, rust is an issue as is 'Barrying'. Took me ages to find mine -and I still needed the ubiquitous head gasket.If the price is right -and the bodywork sound, I'd give it a def 'thumbs up'.(PS. Was intending to turbo the R18 I bought recently -utilising the tatty Fuego turbo I also acquired. However 'tatsville' passed its MOT 1st time, no advisories -and is a blast to drive. So now I have 2 Fuego turbos (l&rhd) and a GTS. So,what now......)

Yes great motors for shite money(it was my Quadra thread).Go for it, as long as it's around a bag of sand or less you could shift it on without loss if it's not for you. Trust me the 4th or even 5th gear pickup on the motorway is truly addictive.

Exactly the same as mine was,my car was pre launch E reg car,current owner sold it on Friday for £300,totally original even the I.C.E had real potential,175 BHP,they do motor,great fun,cracking running gear,let us know if you have any questions,be warned parts are a little thin on the ground,worth buying a breaker!!!

Has a 21 turbo drive-train ever been dropped into a 25, does anyone know? I should imagine it wouldn't be that difficult, and would make a nice motor.

Don't think it'd be that easy, as Mr. B said it's got a longitudinal engine -aren't 25s transverse?
Nope, longitudinal also. And, it's the same basic engine, I believe.