Shite seen - 02/04/16 update

Ratdat

I'm usually too lazy to capture or post pics of old shite I see about but I feel I aught to so here's a few to start off. Captured this beauty locally last weekend. Not sure if it qualifies as shite or not but it's pretty cool all the same....

alpine_0001.jpg
alpine_0003.jpg

A dead P6 in a hedge..
100_5094.jpg

A Caddy (1960?) loitering in a garden...
100_5099.jpg

An utterly shite Carlton limo (I'll see if I can get a proper pic some time)..
100_3531.jpg

Utterly gorgeous Avenger GT in Lincoln...
100_3050.jpg
100_3051.jpg

I saw this some time ago but another recent sighting reminded me of it...Sid and Doris spec RS2000 complete with towbar with caravan electrics. Ford mongs must be gagging to get their mitts on this totally unmolested example!
100_0457.jpg

Transit for sale at the roadside seen a while ago...
transit.jpg

Lovely Bristol spied on the wat the the RR show earlier in the year...
bristol.jpg

Shitey phone cam pic of a target practice R9 that appeared alongside the A153 briefly...
28-02-08_1527.jpg

Aircraft carrier seen propping up the roadside earlier this year. This didn't seem to move for months on end. I'd be suprised if it didn't get hiabed away for some oval action...
100_8950.jpg

That your SD1 in the background of the R9 shot Ratdat?

Yup.. not used it for a few weeks now. It'll be going on the bay shortly I think.

Here's a couple more. Not exactly shite but a nice old Alvis in Horncastle. Not the sort of car you usually see for sale at the roadside...

Posted Image

Posted Image

This R11 turned up in my local scrap metal recyclers so I robbed it of anything useful.

Posted Image

Best result was getting a factory radio cassette as my R11 didn't have any sounds at all 8) They'd just cleared out an old farm. Check out these ancient Fordsons...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They'd also dragged a rotted out series 2 minor and a Triumph Mayflower out of the same place and i suspect this may have originated there too judging by the level of rot...

Posted Image

Gorgeous Alvis! A Fordson like that would make a nice garden ornament...

Did you get the radio out of that R11 yourself? Looks dangerous!

Yeah, I had to crawl in through the passenger window. That ripped rood was a bit sharp. Had to be very carefull taking off the ariel but I got myself a nice factory radio cassette for nothing so it was worth it...

Posted Image

I forgot to take a pic of a 1970 Beetle that was in there which was complete, had a mint interior with hardly any rust at all. What kind of mong weighs in a Beetle let alone a pretty tidy one?

That red car in the corner of the pic was indeed a Rover. A pretty tidy R reg one too. There was a clean X reg Laguna estate in there too. What a waste.

Generous scrappie - do you know them?

It's just a scrap metal place not a breakers but I've probably taken 40 or more cars there in the last 6 years so they know me pretty well. When the scrap price was really shite, I just used to offload them and not take the tenner or so I'd invariably get. I think the fella who runs the place appreciated that. I sometimes go down there to buy lengths of box steel and the like when I need it too. Cheaper than getting it from a steel supplier.

I think that Audi is an 80... the 50 is like a Polo isn't it?

As for the Alpine..I actually like the shape of them but black definately isn't the most flattering colour. I prefer them like this one I saw a month or so ago...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Generous scrappie - do you know them?

It's just a scrap metal place not a breakers but I've probably taken 40 or more cars there in the last 6 years so they know me pretty well. When the scrap price was really shite, I just used to offload them and not take the tenner or so I'd invariably get. I think the fella who runs the place appreciated that. I sometimes go down there to buy lengths of box steel and the like when I need it too. Cheaper than getting it from a steel supplier.
Karma 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get the radio out of that R11 yourself? Looks dangerous!

Yeah, I had to crawl in through the passenger window. That ripped rood was a bit sharp. Had to be very carefull taking off the ariel but I got myself a nice factory radio cassette for nothing so it was worth it...

Posted Image

Nice one! Did you have to do any wiring, or was it all there behind the blanking plate? What about speakers?

Nice one! Did you have to do any wiring, or was it all there behind the blanking plate? What about speakers?

It just plugged straight in. I bought some new speakers from maplins (ooh quality!) Sounds fine though. I got one of maplin cassette MP3 players to go in it too. Works a treat!

• 1 month later...

Time for a Christmas update. Here's some more dross seen out an about.

Crap pic taken as I drove past. No excuse really as this is just down the road from me. Both Renault 21's look to be turbos and there's another up on axle stands down the side of the house. All look to have been abandoned long ago.

Posted Image

Saw this in a car park in Lincoln. Absolutely lovely condition...

Posted Image

Datsun Cherry in Louth. This popped up on ebay a while back. It was actually in pretty good nick but I know for a fact that place where it's parked was under 3 foot a flood water not so long ago. Judging by the traces of silt in the car it was parked there then. Doesn't seem to have harmed it as I've seen it out and about since...

Posted Image

A one time Saab enthusiast lost his mojo?

Posted Image

Probably posted this already somewhere but in case I haven't here it is again. Seen at newark autojumble. Lovely..

Posted Image

Moggy and Alfasud abandoned in Ludford...

Posted Image

I so want to rescue this Sud from it fate of slowly dissolving. Aparently it's been sat here for 3 years..

Posted Image

What's this I see just round the corner?

Posted Image

Now this is PROPER shite. Nice girders for bumpers. Unusual to see something like this dumped...

Posted Image

Rotting Mk1 Golfs nearby...

Posted Image

Seen this before but it never fails to raise a chuckle...

Posted Image

More to come in a mo...

That SD1 is comical yet oddly upsetting, nice work with the white lettering on the Kingpin remoulds!The two Golf MK1s are probably a fortune on the ratlook scene- look, the red one is even pre-slammed for them!

Discovered this today. Our local Rover dealer threw in the towel not long after Rover went bust and the place has been abandoned since. The site is locked up with fencing round the back so you actually get in the yard..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fading RV6 propaganda in the window...

Posted Image

Round the back, it seems that they've left a few things behind. This has one of the dealership stickers in the back window so it was probably a workshop hack...

Posted Image

Looking through the chainlink fence.. more abandoned shite...

Posted Image

But wait! whats that hiding in the corner? Looks like a low spec model due to metal hubcaps which can be seen below the bottom of the fence round the front but without climbing in a can't see more...

Posted Image

Then comes the most amazing discovery. Peering through the grimey windows of their workshop I see this little hoard. Been there quite some time judging by the dust and the flat tyres on the Cambridge..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wonder what the story here is?

Some top spots there - we're bereft of stuff as cool as that round here now.

I'm glad it's not just me!! I am constantly amazed at the amount of old stuff people are spotting elsewhere, coz there really is sweet f**k all here in Sheffield!!
I blame the property prices over the last few years - you just don't get the same standard of abandoned urban decay you used to. I remember when:a) It was all fieldsb) There were abandoned Kennings main dealer properties full of tat all over the city centre. Seriously though, who needs 4 Ford main dealers and 3 BL ones in one city centre?