Ebay shite accessories and giffer trinkets

Alexg

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to quote it in my post, but it's worth noting that the second Auto Defroster they tried also set itself on fire. 

Other items they tested included an expensive compass which took a navigation officer 40 minutes to adjust to a reasonable accuracy, then another at one tenth the price which was almost as accurate right out of the box. Plus a device intended to prevent dazzle from oncoming headlights by projecting "wonder mauve light" onto your windscreen, which was determined to be useless. 

OH BOY!

post-17021-0-17980800-1520817734_thumb.jpg

post-17021-0-87975300-1520817742_thumb.jpg

post-17021-0-55817400-1520817749_thumb.jpg

WONDER MAUVE

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-rare-Tragonic-black-light-60s-or-70s-ultra-violet-anti-headlight-glare-device/323133162141

This looks effective and good - an alarm you simply switch off with a labelled switch on the dash. 

post-17021-0-65143100-1520818382_thumb.jpg

post-17021-0-96902400-1520818387_thumb.jpg

"When setting alarm unit wait approx. 15 seconds for alarm to stop operating then set switch to on position, and close door carefully. Now anyone attempting to enter or tamper with the car will activate and cause alarm to blow intermittently as long as car is being tampered with and for full 15 seconds after vandal has stopped. The alarm automatically resets itself. Upon entering the car yourself, simply turn to "off" position."

Thief proof! It looks like this is just a simple tilt switch that blasts the horn when the car is rocked, most likely not doing anything when the local scrotes key your car but instead blaring the horn every time a lorry drives past. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-NIB-50s-60s-car-alarm-v-rare-accessory-and-useful-too-protect-your-car/362265585464

^^^ As a long-term investment vehicle, I believe that future economic historians will rate a trade box of Feu Orange as having a significantly higher return rate than government bonds, gilts and shares in blue-chip companies.

Wish I'd had the foresight to stash a few boxes when I was doing the weekly delivery stocking-out at Halfords. It *might* have just about offset not having a pension.

"Buy! Buy! Forbes recommends diversifying portfolios into bubblegum-scented Magic Trees. Sell! Sell! Reports from the Hong Kong Stock Exchange indicate the market for amusing South Park screen demister pads has gone into freefall!"

#AutoShiteFinancialAdvisors