Ebay shite accessories and giffer trinkets

Alexg

I should take up smoking just to justify fitting this to one of my cars. I could probably fit it, that must be the simplest wiring diagram in history. They've even clarified that the car battery must be connected to ground. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-CLASSIC-CAR-TRICO-CIG-LIT-AUTOMATIC-CIGARETTE-LIGHTER-/221561105986?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3396122e42

70 amps?! I'm not sure I'd like to wire that directly through a Lucas ignition switch...

Ah yes.......loom smoke.

I once spent a very stressful afternoon fitting a radio cassette in my mk4 Cortina. Simple job made stressful by my desire to also fit a graphic equaliser in the glove box and end up with no visible wires. The radio on these sits in the top part of the dash so I had to stand on my head to complete the wiring.

Job done I climb into the driving seat to enjoy the fruits of my labour and a fag. Switched on............fugging smoke everywhere and especially from the redundant speaker grille in the top of the dash. Blind panic follows and I run around not thinking clearly till I think to disconnect battery.

Cause?? Well when brain was re engaged I realised I had pushed the fag lighter (close to radio...)in as I switched on the ignition and it just happened that some bits of fag/fluff/shit in it that went up in smoke.