Ebay shite accessories and giffer trinkets

Alexg

My dad still has (somewhere) a Motorola MicroTAC Duo. 1995 vintage, with reciept and everything. Alas no box. Strange thing is that it's still fully functional - obviously no SIM in it as it's not used but the little bugger still works perfect, complete with distorted bleeping noise!

Wow! I got given one of these by an old partner of Ma_Sterling. I only got the phone and nothing else, no charger. I knew absolutely nowt about phones then but did manage to get it working. I think I swapped it for an equally non-functioning Nokia at school which later got chucked away by said former_partner of Ma. I do have a fully functioning Motorola StarTac which my cousins found about 15 years ago. I only managed to get it working about 10 years ago and it still works now.

If your Dad ever wants rid, please let me know.

I remember those wind defectors were what appeared to be standard fitment on all Spanish taxis in the '80s, probably to stop Juan-Carlos's habit of chain-smoking Ducados from getting ash all over the velour of his Seat 131/Renault 18

Hey yeah I had a similar fag-lighter to that. A Trico 'cig-lit'

$T2eC16JHJGwE9n%29ySdvSBRMyswPWyw~~60_12

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trico-CiG-LiT-Lighter-70a-12v-/171218445651?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item27dd6a2553

It was quite a novelty, actually. Hold the gasper between your fingers as you would normally, place it in the hole and push the chrome ring down with your fingers, and it was supposed to be lit when you took it out. As with most early crap like this, it didn't work very well and the element failed after about 10 uses. Still a nice little curio, though.

I've got a copy of that trailer building book. Got it about twenty years ago off an uncle I think. The 'model' tow car in all the pics of the finished trailers is a Pug 504 saloon IIRC. The model on the back of the fininshed car trailer is a beetle.

Galemaster Weathershield. Sounds like a dodgy accountant or summat.

But yeah, thats exactly wot I wuz meanin. Cheeaz. ;)

Bet I never find one for a Skoda Estelle tho lol. Also the Auto Plas rear window trim is near, ditto on Skoda-unlikeliness!

• 2 weeks later...

What every big boy needs, a beige ashtray complete with some old Hotwheels shite stuck to it.

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLD-CLASSIC-BARN-PUB-BAR-ATTIC-FIND-CAR-GARAGE-SHOW-ROOM-VW-BEACH-BUGGY-ASHTRAY-/191059646260?pt=UK_Collectables_Vintage_RL&hash=item2c7c0ad734

What's more, it's only a fugging

BARN PUB BAR ATTIC FIND

!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Having a search around in the shed (looking for a plug) I found these long lost items of giffer shite

post-17423-0-90659500-1393509537_thumb.jpg

A parking light c/w instructions on changing the bulb

post-17423-0-53140700-1393509640_thumb.jpg 

post-17423-0-63279400-1393509901_thumb.jpg

Imagine the boost to road safety if all cars had heated washer fluid, ...... well I give you the TEX TM  Heat 'n' Wash

post-17423-0-36734800-1393510023_thumb.jpg

Yes indeed, just cut into the cars heater inlet hose, insert the heat exchanger, connect the screenwash feed tube & bobs your aunt Fanny - heated screenwash! full instructions & all parts included, even clamps & hose clips    :-)

post-17423-0-87581100-1393510212_thumb.jpg

Imagine the boost to road safety if all cars had heated washer fluid, ...... well I give you the TEX TM  Heat 'n' Wash

attachicon.gifautoshite 005.JPG

Yes indeed, just cut into the cars heater inlet hose, insert the heat exchanger, connect the screenwash feed tube & bobs your aunt Fanny - heated screenwash! full instructions & all parts included, even clamps & hose clips    :-)

attachicon.gifautoshite 006.JPG

I have never understood why it isn't common practice to run the heater pipe through the screenwash bottle, as this would be proper engineering.

My dad, being the sort of old school bloke who would make something instead of buying it, made one of those screenwash heaters from copper pipe, all soldered up nice. I don't know if he ever fitted it, I remember it seemed to live permanently in the cubby hole between the front seats of his MK3 Sceptre.