Ebay shite accessories and giffer trinkets

Alexg

AzXjWLz.jpg

Giffertastic-mods in the driver's door-bin of an originally 1960's-modified Mk1 Mini.

(You should see the rest of it).

I missed this the first time around. Looks fine but I bet it was only reliable for the first 50 or so times the door was opened, after which the telephone exchange style wad of wiring passing from the door to the A-post would begin to work harden, fracture and short out.

Cue the left indicators coming on really bright but not flashing, the rear windscreen shattering just before the car flips itself over like a clockwork frog and then bursts into flame with "God Save The Queen" playing from the rear speakers at 2/3 speed.

Hold pen still, swerve to create crude letters. Crash.

Reminded me of time in my youth I reached through the wheel to reset trip counter midway through a left turn. Turned the wheel back, twizened my arm most painfully, brain couldn’t compute how to get the lock off due to arm in wheel, mounted the kerb and stopped just short of neighbour’s wall.

We could always get one of those pad things and write "Do Not Put Hand Through Wheel" on it.....I suppose though there is a danger we might turn our heads to read it on a roundabout.

I think the solution is to write it on the pad whilst going round the corner then you won't need to turn your head to read the warning not to put hand through wheel...also, never turn right again.

On 8/6/2018 at 12:47 PM, Conrad D. Conelrad said:

s-l600.jpg

Fits 4, 3, 2, or 1 spoke wheels. So you've no excuse.

"Fucking buy one. And buy some for the family too".

bl314FL.jpg

(What's the car dash in the pic?

I don't recognise it at all, it's a bit of a mish-mash of styles, like a made up drawing).

"The perfect family gift". (Thanks luv, it's what I've always wanted).

"A MUST for business use".

I like how they've used memo-notes to give info in the ad. How could you possibly continue to function in your daily life without a Memoriser™ Memo—Pad after seeing this?

Fits 4, 3, 2, or 1 spoke wheels. So you've no excuse.

"Fucking buy one. And buy some for the family too".

"You'll regret it if you don't buy one. You'll forget things. And you'll be LATE!!!!

Is that what you want?".

It's like something from Dragon's Den 1981.

Simon Cowell (1981 version, aged 12) - "And can you tell us how you came up with your brilliant innovative invention, and indeed, it's catchy name?".

Inventor - "Well Simon you little shit, one day I noticed a delivery driver had a directions-note blu-tacked to his steering wheel and I had a eureka moment".

***** Coming soon . . .

Steering-Wheel-Sudoku and Steering-Wheel-Cryptic-Crosswords . . .

make a note, don't forget . . . *****

bl314FL.jpg

(What's the car dash in the pic?

I don't recognise it at all, it's a bit of a mish-mash of styles, like a made up drawing).

Vauxhall Carlton.

Hold your hand Infront of your mouth, about 6" away.

Quietly say "Huhh".

That's how much heat you're going to get from that.

I had one of these (a different brand) donated to my charity shop a while ago. It was terrible. Suckshun? More like an asthmatic sucking through a straw.

I had one of these (a different brand) donated to my charity shop a while ago. It was terrible. Suckshun? More like an asthmatic sucking through a straw.

Agreed.  I've got one somewhere.  It only worked if I swept the dust in to the tube and then up ended it so that it fell in to the collection can.  

Been on holiday for q few weeks in Cornwall. While there done my usual sweep of charity shops in redruth. Came across a accessory with Japanese writing. So being silly bought it. It's brand new in the wrapper. It is a leather look seat cushion. BUT it has a 12v plug on a wire. So I assume it's a heated seat cushiony thing. I have yet to find someone daft to sit on it and plug it in. Will report back when I do.

• 1 month later...

Been on holiday for q few weeks in Cornwall. While there done my usual sweep of charity shops in redruth. Came across a accessory with Japanese writing. So being silly bought it. It's brand new in the wrapper. It is a leather look seat cushion. BUT it has a 12v plug on a wire. So I assume it's a heated seat cushiony thing. I have yet to find someone daft to sit on it and plug it in. Will report back when I do.

From which part of the stratosphere will you be reporting?

attachicon.gifs-l1600.jpg

...you'll be lost without one

attachicon.gifs-l1600-1.jpg

GPS was invented because launching 72 satellites into orbit was less complicated than this shit.

My old man has this exact model in his Sprite.

Getting in the car with something magnetic makes it swing around wildly. It's rather over sensitive and, as suggested, a pig to set up right.

Once set up it's accurate though. He says it was very good at getting them lost in the lake district.

• 4 weeks later...