South West Autoshite Meet - 19th September 2015

phil_lihp

The 7th is my other halfs birthday but as I will of spent every weekend from the end of January up until then helping her with decorating and fitting a new bathroom. She can come along and she will enjoy it !!!. The other plus point is she doesn't drink and is insured on the Rolls so I can find a nice pub for dinner and make out I am treating her to a day out.

• 7 months later...

Thread revival time.  I was actually thinking it was time to try this again as I missed both Shitefest and Chodmongdoglegerly this year.  Panhard65 raised the idea of Moretonhampstead Motor Musuem as he's there on Saturday 19th, I'm well up for a little informal meet and there's a distinct need to see xTriple's new Bentley.  Anyone else interested?

I've realised this is actually the museum that we were meant to go to for the last meetup, it turned out to be closed so we went to a posh hotel for tea and then to a pub for lunch if I recall, t'was an excellent day.  Where're all the other South West shiters hiding?  I know Philibusmo's in Oz and therefore has a reasonable excuse but there's a few likely names outstanding if anyone's free on the 19th.

Well we had a liitle meet today at the museum at Mortonhampstead. Just me and Dave with his lovely Bentley and another chap whose name I have unfortunatly forgotten who popped along for a look round. A realy nice couple of guys showed us round the small collection they have in the old bus garage. Worth a visit if you are passing but they have very limited opening hours and a fiver to get in is a bit dear so better with a 2 for 1 Groupon voucher. Anyway here are a few pics.

post-5515-0-79100800-1442692292_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-29043900-1442692359_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-89602800-1442692446_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-42459000-1442692543_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-63195800-1442692622_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-80361000-1442692699_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-79092900-1442692782_thumb.jpg

Lovely old Bedford camper. Not many pics from in the museum as they want a donation if you want to take pictures.

post-5515-0-16262300-1442692869_thumb.jpg

I made the donation for the pictures for you - you paid for me to get in so it seemed fair! Oh, and you put up with Chester howling the whole fucking time! He is a tit...

I thought it was a cracking little museum and actually bigger inside than you think. They had some lovely stuff in there as well and the two guys seemed to know their stuff. Needs a coffee shop....

It was good to meet you and the good lady and the other chap (Mark, Tony? I am appalling with names!)  I hope he stops lurking and joins...

It was good to see your RR and the multiple differences between the two, loads and loads and mine seems to sit a lot lower as well.

• 5 years later...

Maybe as things should be opening up soon we could do another South West Shiters’ meet?

I’m actually quite proud of being part of what must surely be the shittest forum meet-up ever undertaken. Details are up thread, but basically I lured some shiters to my house on the outskirts of Dartmoor and we went in convoy to the motor museum at Moretonhampstead, only to find that it was shut (the owner’s mother had just died) so we just went to the pub instead!

Horrified to dig the thread out and learn that it was seven years ago now - maybe time for another go?