South West Autoshite Meet - 19th September 2015

phil_lihp

• 9 months later...

Since it's been nearly a year since the last one, I propose it's high time for another South West Shiters' meetup.  We're one man down since Philibusmo moved to Oz but hopefully there's enough of us up for it to make it worthwhile.  Who's in?

Dates TBA, as a fairly random starter, how about Saturday 7th Feb?  Mid-Devon seemed to work well as a relatively central location given that we're quite spread out.  Could involve a museum, pub, food...what do we think?

Got to be the Royce old chap. I desire a good butchers at it/chat about ownership.

The dogs won't go in anyones car unless told they can, but Chester will help with washing all the wheels... for free (though he does enjoy payment in the form of hotdogs and beefburgers!). You'll all fall in love with my little scared Phoebe, she's sooooooo cute.

Marsh Barton is bloody horrible - do it on a day when the car auctions are on and we can spend money as well! :)

Auctions are always a good idea, any suitably low-end ones though?  I don't fancy seeing an endless line of silver Peugeot 208s being sold to dealers but if there's one with more interesting old chod that would be great.

According to the calendar for Husseys at Marsh Barton their auctions only run on weekdays, the Saltash one isn't running on Saturdays by the look of it either unfortunately.  I'll have a dig around for anything else that might be on.

See, I'd be fine with that, I've been known to cross the border most weekends lately, but I realise it's probably a bit of a trek for most.  What do we think?

Oh, and just for the record, anything with the word 'Ginsters' on it is NOT a pasty.  It's barely an edible substance.  

Right then, anyone still up for this?  I'm happy to meet at Route 38 (here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Route+38/@50.407207,-4.352537,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xa1a48aea9c04438e)for a meetup next Saturday (7th Feb), perhaps around lunchtime?  Not sure of the roads around there, might be somewhere good for a little drive maybe.