South West Autoshite Meet - 19th September 2015

phil_lihp

I suggest that we meet at the museum, mid morning, and then go to a pub.

There are pubs within walking distance, because the museum is in the town, but I don't know them. So we could either wander along to one and try our luck, or have a shite convoy back to my village, about ten minutes away, in order to eat at my local, which I can vouch for.

10am is good for me.

Pub-wise, how about a choice between:

1. The Union Inn, Moretonhampstead. Looks ok and cheap food, probably fine but I can't vouch for it. A short walk from the museum.

2. The Drewe Arms, Drewsteignton. Really good pub, it's my local. Slightly dearer that the Union Inn for grub but it's always good. This one is a short (5-10 min) distance away from the museum by shite convoy.

Maybe the choice might depend on which is deemed more appealing: the convenience of being able to park only once, in a car park right by the museum, or the fun of a drive along country lanes between museum and boozer.

I'm in two minds - had planned and would love to make this meet, but the weather looks like it's going to be shite and Liverpool v Arsenal is on live! I may have some family commitments.

As a few cannot make it now might it be an idea to re-schedule this for when it's going to be better weather-wise, maybe later this month or March?

It's got to stop raining one frigging day.