I should say hello.

New POD

Hi, I followed a link from pistonheads, so I thought I should say hi.

My previous car history has included a lot of shite, but recently I seem to have 'veered' off course, perhaps midlife crisis ?

Previous cars include :

Fiat 126

mk2 fiesta 1.1 car derived van with rear side windows

Flying zit

various mini's (850, clubman, 1000, mayfair)

Metro 1275 sport and mg Turdo

Mk2 Cavalier CDI auto (£6.64), 1.8 Sri (£40), calibre (£1400)

Mk3 Astra's - I wrote off all 3 in accidents that were totally my fault

51 reg Volvo S40 sport 1.8 VVT costing £350....Sold with broken gearbox and rattling VVT top end for £350

B reg Polo which was shite beyond shite

Ax 1.4 D - with GT wheels. 11 years ago, I was achieving 45 mpg thrashing it at max on a 55 mile each way commute. It was horrible and slow and we kept in 4 years.

Now we own :

2001 oxford built MINI cooper - purchased totally because of the colour

Mk1 Mx5 Monza - Poverty spec 88 bhp - purchased because my wife's friend was selling it

04 Accord 2.2 Deisel - Purchased because I had the cash and I thought I could save £2K a year on fuel, but have saved £1200 a year on fuel and lost £1000 a year in depreciation. But my kids call it "dad's grown up car"

Oh erm We live in Miseryside, but I currently work in Derby

Anyway I  a spirit of random photo's here's some shite I took on Anglesea near LLanddona, when my mum took us for a boxing day walk.

post-17612-0-01812700-1387012049_thumb.jpg

Welcome!  Like the picture of where Maxis go to die.

Please don't take anything anyone says about BMW Minis personally.

I do think it's the spiritual successor to the metro turdo.

Trim is a bit erm flimsy, the gearboxes have a reputation, they are both a bit dead below 3500 rpm and come alive at 5000 Rpm.  

Welcome indeed.  We have a few current and ex-Murkysiders among us, would you care to be more specific?  Slightly will do, no need for the Streetview pic of your house... yet!

L37.....Formby....It's so posh that even scousers get out of the bath to pee.....

welcome. that pic is my dream home..

I know. My whole family were watching me take photo's and started wanting to know why I wasn't taking them of them.

Anyway here's a house round the corner with a P6 (or 2) and our fleet outside the house

post-17612-0-60577700-1387311401_thumb.jpg

post-17612-0-01562500-1387311492_thumb.jpg

Lol @ POD - Mrs Livered gets really offended when she finds that my phone is full of pictures of old cars and not of her.

The other day I took some pictures of her tits just so that she'd be more understanding about there also being a load of pictures of Maxis and Allegros.

I don't believe you, evidence please 8)

Greetings from Ainsdale!

My old man lives in Ainsdale, much of my young driving career was spent flying up and down heathfield road in various 80s blue oval chod (slamming on for the speed cameras, of course).

I don't know how to rip pictures from streetview, but if you look on Phillip drive you'll see my old man sat on the drive in his dark blue Migraine Scenic, going "what the fuck?"

PS sorry for the thread highjack, welcome to Autoshite mate.

• 5 years later...