Reg's relics...as punctual as ever - a Bromley interlude!!

MrRegieRitmo

Wonderful pics!! Looks like a superb show. Sooo much to lust after, but- predictably- my faves are the beautiful red Consul Capri on wires, the Anglebox on Minilites and, first and foremost, the 2 door Mk1 Cortina GT!! I'd almost consideder murder to own that!! :oops:

Wonderful pics!! Looks like a superb show. Sooo much to lust after, but- predictably- my faves are the beautiful red Consul Capri on wires, the Anglebox on Minilites and, first and foremost, the 2 door Mk1 Cortina GT!! I'd almost consideder murder to own that!! :oops:

You like the pinky red Anglia? The Consul Capri hurts apparently...

You like the pinky red Anglia? The Consul Capri hurts apparently...
Hell yeah!! Anglias are such schizophrenic cars- bog-standard they're just grandad carriages, but... detrim them and lower them over wide minilites, and they become boy racer demons; especially of there's something other than a 1200cc 4pot under the bonnet. I noticed the reg number of the Capri too- perhaps it's the damage done to the owner's bank balance to get it looking so flawless?

• 1 month later...

Any more info on the white Piazza? It has a sister car, D953 GYP that was mint until very recently. It was red and one of the best pre Lotuses in the country, having been maintained with no expense spared since it was new in 1987.

Unfortunately it appeared on eBay when the IPTOC tech head was away on holiday, and some nobhead drifter bought it and is currently thrashing the fuck out of it. It can't even be saved now without a total respray because it got tagged at a DWYB event.

I'm not against drifting at all - I would have given the guy mine for the price he paid because it's a bit scabby. It would have done what he wanted though - mechanically it's pretty much cock on save for a pair of rear dampers.

Why the fuck did he have to rag a nice one to bits? There's 47 Piazzas left in the UK from the 1900 odd imported, and most of those are SORN.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/89302-isuzu-piazza-drift.html

Nice to see that white one's being appreciated though. A bit too shiny for me, but I suppose we've got both ends of the spectrum there..... :roll: