shite touring cars....

retrogeezer

COOL....I hope the BTCC soon gets another revamp to create more factory interest, and make it worth watching again....Remember the mid-nineties? :D

The mid-eighties were better!
The old "Class" system enabled the use of some spectacular cars, but was always spoiled for me by the fact a dominant Toyota Corolla or summat from one of the lower classes would take the title, instead of the guys fighting it out at the front....In the mid-nineties, there were loads of factory teams, and close racing FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP WIN....That's why I loved that era! :D

My favourite era was the mid-nineties too,there were up to 10 teams at one point.There were also more privateers though & the gap between them & the works teams was a lot bigger as there cars tended to be a lot older.More recently though,there was the Proton team.They didn't do too bad,but I don't remember them ever winning a race.

Good times around 1991-93 on the BTCC, with Cavalier 3/Carina E/early E36 Beemer etc. Was like bloody bumper cars during that era, proper pile-ups taking half the field out :lol: interesting when the Volvo estates came in, but then it all got a bit boring for me and I switched off

Didn't Vic Lee and his turquoise E36 coupes, get embroilled in some drugs scandal?

That's right,Vic Lee was arrested & jailed,the team went into receivership but was still allowed to race for the rest of the year.Vic Lee came back to the sport,I think he ran the Peugeot 406 Coupes as privateers for a year.