On 3/26/2021 at 6:14 PM, willswitchengage said:

To an extent I can see the logic there. My 2CV has cheap Nankangs - but then the top speed is only 15 mph. Tyres on a classic like that are unlikely to see the massive loads and wet weather that even the most basic modern car will, and won't have the longevity requirements either. Guesswork here but I don't think there's much of a market anymore for premium high-profile tyres in tiny sizes.

There would be more of a market if they didn't charge such silly prices. I refuse to pay for a set of Michelins for the DS when they are only going to time expire long before nearing wear replacement. If there was just a marginal difference in price (like 10%) that would be acceptable but they just take the piss. They are about 4 times the price of what I paid for admittedly not quite as grippy tyres. The spare under the bonnet is a never been used Michelin from when God was a little boy - I trust it to get me home if I do have a blowout.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:51 PM, rob88h said:

"The Best in the World" - it's only a 230TE Auto, surely the pinnacle is the 300TD, Beige. 👌

The real misery shite without the turbo  with an auto.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1328857

Screenshot_2021-04-15-00-23-05-10.thumb.jpg.38fd061eab40a7d3a2408d8a9461a579.jpg

Wow. This must be the ultimate spec and extremely low mileage....

It is a 2.5 litre, NOT the S

2. Right colour. Lovely paintwork. Apart from very minimal crease to drivers seat, interior is flawless

5. Back window DOES need replacing. Am happy to do this, but time and travel expenses to get this done will be added to the cost. I will only do this when there is a non refundable deposit on the car.

24 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1328857

Screenshot_2021-04-15-00-23-05-10.thumb.jpg.38fd061eab40a7d3a2408d8a9461a579.jpg

Wow. This must be the ultimate spec and extremely low mileage....

It is a 2.5 litre, NOT the S

2. Right colour. Lovely paintwork. Apart from very minimal crease to drivers seat, interior is flawless

5. Back window DOES need replacing. Am happy to do this, but time and travel expenses to get this done will be added to the cost. I will only do this when there is a non refundable deposit on the car.

Jesus, that's a proper piss take. He also doesn't seem to know much about them, thinking that the Boxster S is the 2.7. 2.7 superseded the 2.5 in the Boxster and the 3.2 S was introduced 

16 hours ago, sdkrc said:

Jesus christ, he's blabbed on even more than I usually do.

Nobody gives a toss about your love letter to your hairdresser's handbag, list the bloody thing for what's it's actually worth - 5 grand - and walk away.