Mr_Bo11ox

ebay 'BARGAINS'

4 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Loads of nice CX on Le Bon Coin at mo. In France they are not particularly collected - not treated as unobtanium as some think in UK. Why pay that much when you could have one like this LWB leather and wood hunny for €3000?  Even has black plates. 

20200524_102452.jpg

Yes please - even has those rear sun blinds like my old BX - wonder if t'missus would notice if I swapped it out for her little black Mini?

This Rover 800 is pretty clean, the ad reckons it’s a Sterling , certainly got leather but the exterior is very basic and the wrong alloys.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1226267

8ADD3A58-8346-445E-9939-820B67C8F617.thumb.png.393cb8a528007ddf709ac82a30edec43.png

Price? About 10x what I’d happily pay and at least 5 x what it’s worth!   £8,500.

10 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

"....the exterior is very basic and the wrong alloys"

Hmmm, I'm kind of alright with the Tickford wheels and colour-coded bumpers, although I'm not sure what they're doing on a Sterling. I'm not at all happy about deletion of the rubbing strips, though.

Doesn't look terrible, but I can't imagine an "enthusiast" paying well over the odds for something that's been quite so plainly dicked about with. My bone-stock 825Si must be worth millions.

5 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

Hmmm, I'm kind of alright with the TWR bodykit wheels; they are at least model appropriate. I'm not at all happy about the colour-coding and deletion of the rubbing strips, though. Doesn't look terrible, but I can't imagine an "enthusiast" paying well over the odds for something that's been quite so plainly dicked about with.

Just did an MOT history search- It’s an 827 not a Sterling , which explains the plain exterior and possibly those wheels .I remember fleet operators being offered those rims, a Vitesse spoiler or a tow bar (!) F.O.C on basic 800s in 90/91. The company I worked at had about 4 820s with those 16” TWRs.

The MOT history is interesting a ten year gap then a massive fail in 2019 - Lots of rot, even mentions rear suspension about to fall out! 
Makes it seem even more of a bargain.

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

... It’s an 827 not a Sterling

Yeah, you're right, I'm pretty sure the Sterling and Vitesse didn't have the big gaping hole beneath the stereo; they would have had a Sierra Ghia-style door-open indicator diagram thingy. At least the earlier ones did; I know some strange spec realignments went on on the cusp of Mk2 production. In fact, I wasn't even sure if that digital climate control setup made it into the Mk1s, but I suppose it must have done.

Starting to think it might be a bit of a shed, TBH. Problem is, if it's been a shed, there's a fair chance it might revert to its old habits.

What's this worth, £2,000 on a good day?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-Citroen-BX-16-TRS/324196047099?hash=item4b7b9718fb:g:xGkAAOSwp49e42hN
Even the doctor would struggle getting 9K for that.

Yep, if it’s as nice as it looks, 2k. It’s only a 1.6 carb’d BX at the end of the day. I also know who the previous or 2 owners were. It’ sold to one of them for 800 quid.
The trader seems to think it’s a DS or SM or something.

Have we had this one yet?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-480-ES-Sports-Estate-1988/333625829209

£8.5k 🤣

Rotten Arches, No MOT, Heater button bodged, no coolant, rampant mould and suspicious engine bay wiring?

Even KGF only charged 5k for their Celebration model (which was low mileage and decent condition!)

19 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

Yep, if it’s as nice as it looks, 2k. It’s only a 1.6 carb’d BX at the end of the day. I also know who the previous or 2 owners were. It’ sold to one of them for 800 quid.
The trader seems to think it’s a DS or SM or something.

Flipper's Paradise 

11 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

I often drive past Simmonites garage on my way to/from work, I can peek in the window if you like!

Not get arrested Tom🤣

5 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Not get arrested Tom🤣

I seem to remember that one is usually on the forecourt, posed on those ramps they use for 4x4s. Since it's a car showroom, they'd probably try to sell me something rather than call the police.

That would wait until they found out I had no money...  😉

Anyone above a certain age and an interest in BRC will probably remember the Simmonite sisters competing in (I think) Class 2, as it was back in the late 80s-early-90s?

Their family's Land Rover dealership is quite well known, I believe.

There are also rumours of a... house of ill repute located in the immediate vicinity, but that's a story for another day...

29 minutes ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

..  😉

There are also rumours of a... house of ill repute located in the immediate vicinity, but that's a story for another day...

Could we have a review please, trip advisor style, I'm sure you know the type of thing. And no I don't mean of the Land Rover, I already know how ropey and expensive they are to spend any time with

BX canal find for £1500!!!!!!!! No logbook or keys but it's a

rare opportunity to obtain a very good restoration project