ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

Posted Image

1991 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz

£999, that doesn't sound too unreasonable. It is one of the least desirable generations of Eldorado, but it'll no doubt do for some line dancers, by being a weird thing it's probably worth that. Still, let's read the description and see what it's like.

"This Cadillac is probably the most unusual we have ever seen."

Why is that?

"It is specifically for Display Purposes and is even safe to take indoors."

And?

"It has had all it's engine and gearbox components removed, as well as the Petrol Tank etc, to make it safe for use in most environment"

I see, so it is utterly useless then.

Posted Image

Still, nice steering column shroud, looks top-notch. I'd be mega proud to display that in my studio, theatre, cafe, restaurant and/or shopping centre.

Was used at Manchester's Trafford Centre where itwas a very well recognised advertising exhibit.

Really? I never saw it there and I go most months because I am a masochist and positivly enjoy being in enclosed spaces with lots of strange people all rushing round looking at eleventy thousand identical clothes shops - in fact Christmas week i shall be there most evenings and all day Saturday just for the hell of it.They do have a nice Merc.

Really? I never saw it there and I go most months because I am a masochist and positivly enjoy being in enclosed spaces with lots of strange people all rushing round looking at eleventy thousand identical clothes shops - in fact Christmas week i shall be there most evenings and all day Saturday just for the hell of it.

You mean you hang around TopShop to see what talent's about? :lol::lol::lol:

Last time I went to the Trafford Centre was a couple of years back now, all I can remember is that it had a model shop and a 2-door 1980s Yuppie-style Merc of some description on display, is it still there then? Surprised it hasn't been stolen and burned out in the food court by some unruly youths.

I was expecting the red 440 to have an uber low mileage on it or something but it's actually nowt special.OK so it's had ten grand spent on but over almost twenty years that's not all that impressive especially if the owners were fool enough to go to the main dealer every time. It doesn't add over £2000 on to the value of the car.

Last time I went to the Trafford Centre was a couple of years back now, all I can remember is that it had a model shop and a 2-door 1980s Yuppie-style Merc of some description on display, is it still there then? Surprised it hasn't been stolen and burned out in the food court by some unruly youths.

Posted Image

Both still there - only lack of petrol in the merk prevents it from being robbed and burned out.

Love the cadillac. Nice that although its for "display purposes" they havent bothered to weigh down the front end to make it sit properly after the loss of the engine.I'm sure there will be queues to buy it. How do you do the copying pics to post them here thing? I cant figure it out as I am a twat.

Hmmm, interesting one that...If the plate was transferable it'd be worth a huge amount of money seperately, but it's not so how much value does it actually add to the car?...Just relying on a guy called Ian with a lot of money being on the lookout for a Morris Minor...