ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

Went to see this last week whilst VDP hunting. The owner is a bit of a spoon, bought the car as an investment (I know I had a coughing fit at that point :mrgreen: ) Its not really a car you can drive. The tyres are "original" Michy X's that date back to Wham, the HT leads are the original Champion's from sometime last century have all the flexibility of the Tay Bridge and probably the resistance of a Puritan in a Gay bar.

Yes its totally original, but no good as a form of transport, as you know everything will start failing once its used. Starting price was £5K and the Reserve is £6K. I really can't see who'd buy it apart from another deluded fool who thinks their VDP is worth double what the best examples have reached at auction.

$(KGrHqJ,!p!E-1K(kcMPBP2L-kVF-w~~60_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-Toyota-C ... 2a1ed27522

Here's a proper dreamer!. Let's look at the evidents:

has not been started for a while now I had the car checked out and all it needs is a new coil, battery charging and the car will start according to the mechanic I have received the coil now since ordering one so this will be included with it, will need to be put onto a trailer

only 103K

if you wanted to import one in similar condition expect to pay in the region of £4000 and upwards

Classified ad price: £2,000.00

Conculsion: That bloke's a NUTTER.

dime-bar.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!p!E-1K(kcMPBP2L-kVF-w~~60_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-Toyota-C ... 2a1ed27522

Here's a proper dreamer!. Let's look at the evidents:

has not been started for a while now I had the car checked out and all it needs is a new coil, battery charging and the car will start according to the mechanic I have received the coil now since ordering one so this will be included with it, will need to be put onto a trailer

only 103K

if you wanted to import one in similar condition expect to pay in the region of £4000 and upwards

Classified ad price: £2,000.00

Conculsion: That bloke's a NUTTER.

dime-bar.jpg

Methinks someone is getting confused with the AE86

Holy shit, what's wrong with people? Specially this guy... thedoctor must be quaking in his boots.

If you're looking for six grand for a car:

1. Don't have a photo of the car jammed into your garage as the main photo on your listing. Ebay lets you have a dozen photos in a motors listing, so take it somewhere scenic and get a bunch of photos showing the outside of the car from all sides. Interior shots are nice too. If you can do it on a sunny day, so much the better.

2. Don't take photos on your 1 Megapixel camera phone your mum got you for Christmas back in 2004. You can buy a decent 14 Megapixel camera for well under a hundred quid.

3. Don't get your epileptic granny to take grainy, out-of-focus photos.

4. Clean the bloody thing.Take all your shit out of the boot and remove used hankies from the door pockets.

Strange one this but bear with me.

$(KGrHqF,!qcE-+kNsFHbBP1k9rgzKQ~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261047549743? ... 1438.l2649

Bid on the yesterday

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... CA:GB:3160

Where they reached £31odd. So they get relisted today and I ask why. 'Non paying bidder' is the claim so I mailed him, asked why he didn't send second chance offers out if he'd started them at twenty sheets with no reserve and the reply was 'after the non-paying situation I'm hoping they may fetch more'. I have told him the whole thing sounds very sus and I was interested but not any longer. He had relisted them at £20 no reserve again then changed it to a £40 start and £75 bin :roll:

Added to watch list....this is becoming rather predictable!

Anyone starting to feel a tad sorry for him? It's like watching a team you don't really like getting beaten 8-0. At 4-0 it's hilarious, then you start to feel awkward, then embarrassed, then you start hoping they get a couple back just to restore a little bit of pride.

Still added to the watch list of course.