ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

The price of that Fiesta is a bit silly, but it will never reach "the prices of my stock are so exorbitantly high that I haven't sold any in decades, but I rather just let them rot away" silliness levels.

10632752983_5d6f9b80b6_o.jpg

10632477915_395da31e62_o.jpg

He has passed away a couple of years ago and most of these cars are now scrapped (and the better ones sold off), but there was this one trader who had a field and showroom full of mostly 80s shite that just sat there because he was asking optimistic* prices such as thousands of euros for a terminally rotten Kadett.

2 hours ago, D.E said:

The price of that Fiesta is a bit silly, but it will never reach "the prices of my stock are so exorbitantly high that I haven't sold any in decades, but I rather just let them rot away" silliness levels.

10632752983_5d6f9b80b6_o.jpg

10632477915_395da31e62_o.jpg

He has passed away a couple of years ago and most of these cars are now scrapped (and the better ones sold off), but there was this one trader who had a field and showroom full of mostly 80s shite that just sat there because he was asking optimistic* prices such as thousands of euros for a terminally rotten Kadett.

I'm not sure if this might also apply in the Netherlands, but I knew a local dealer (in Northern Ireland) who inexplicably had various old cars rotting into the ground, and always quoted outrageously high prices if asked. He didn't seem interested in selling anything at all.

Edwin Long - Rotten Row.jpg

Edwin Long - Pony & Stellar.jpg

Edwin Long - Datsun Stanza.jpg

IMG_20170829_201752.jpg

IMG_20170829_201740.jpg

Someone later told me it was some kind of tax loophole; the more cars on the forecourt - and the greater the value declared on each of them - meant less tax on profits made elsewhere in the business.

I don't really know how that worked, but it was kinda weird just seeing these cars rusting into the ground for years.

14 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

I'm not sure if this might also apply in the Netherlands, but I knew a local dealer (in Northern Ireland) who inexplicably had various old cars rotting into the ground, and always quoted outrageously high prices if asked. He didn't seem interested in selling anything at all.

In this case, I believe it had something to do with him not really needing to work anymore (he had sold plots of land for good money or something like that iirc), but why he didn't simply sell his stock/business and be done with it isn't clear. Maybe he just was a bit of a hoarder...

One thing on eBay that really annoys me is when you get several entries for the same item but one is £5 , free shipping from China but estimated delivery 3 weeks hence.

Another is £10 but states U.K. stock , delivery 2-3 days. You want it quick and pay £10. It then turns up 3 weeks later with Chinese all over it and a customs declaration.

eBay don’t want to know when you complain. 

23 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

One thing on eBay that really annoys me is when you get several entries for the same item but one is £5 , free shipping from China but estimated delivery 3 weeks hence.

Another is £10 but states U.K. stock , delivery 2-3 days. You want it quick and pay £10. It then turns up 3 weeks later with Chinese all over it and a customs declaration.

eBay don’t want to know when you complain. 

That sounds more like a grump than a Ebay "bargain"

11 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

I really like that. You'd need to go camping with a male friend though, in the vain hope of getting some of the old 'ows yer father' and spend all weekend winking (not a euphemism) and exchanging double entendres with any halfway attractive young woman in sight.

carry_on_camping.jpg

5 hours ago, warch said:

I really like that. You'd need to go camping with a male friend though, in the vain hope of getting some of the old 'ows yer father' and spend all weekend winking (not a euphemism) and exchanging double entendres with any halfway attractive young woman in sight.

carry_on_camping.jpg

I cannot pass up the chance to post this:

57 minutes ago, face said:

Anybody fancy a full 'Brabus' converted chimney?

Image 5 of 42

Left-hand drive:

Image 2 of 42

Coming up for two and a half years old.

Yes, then it's yours for £42,995.

Link: https://www.aaprestigecars.co.uk/used-cars/suzuki-jimny-1-5-sz5-auto-allgrip-3dr-greenford-202111199758327

Jimny prices are crazy. My mother has a previous model 2013 top spec auto. Low miles. I think it was around £13k. WBAC have offered £15200!