ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

28 minutes ago, New POD said:

Apparently Autovaux are having a 60% off sale. 

I'm not sure they understand the concept of a bargain. 

Joint.thumb.JPG.3eb7a08b3bff97756b55958a1f605793.JPG

When they are out of stock they put a ridiculous price in. When the part is in they put it down to their lower price. It saves relisting fees (apparently).

I've seen a 6v motorcycle battery at over a grand before, from a different trader.

3 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

When they are out of stock they put a ridiculous price in. When the part is in they put it down to their lower price. It saves relisting fees (apparently).

I've seen a 6v motorcycle battery at over a grand before, from a different trader.

It wasn't eBay, it was on thier website. It's enough to make me never take them seriously again. 

s-l1600.jpg

Helix? Yes. Tidy? Yes. Three grand? Get in the fucking sea.

Welcome at any scooter rally!!

Bollocks! You'd get lynched at a trad rally on this (but only because they're jealous of not needing a support van to ride anywhere outside a five mile radius of their home.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-Honda-Helix/313219468123

8 minutes ago, 17-Coffees said:

I had no idea that existed, but I love it! It's as if the designers were told "we want the Goldwing but as a scooter!"

It was derived from the earlier CH250 in 1986:

014.jpg.fc177f07d702943f5c2b987a5ff1524c.jpg

for the American market; same engine and running gear, but the wheelbase was streched 11", and a whole new set of bodywork designed. We got them in the UK in 1989, but they sold poorly and were gone by 1992. Meanwhile, in Japan, production continued until 2007, where they are still much  loved. They retain a cult following not only in the US and Japan, but - on a smaller scale - here in the UK. Spares availability is good, and maintenance is simple making them very easy machines to live with. There are about fifty left on the roads of the UK, two of which are in my garage. This is my 1986 Japanese domestic market bike - a Fusion. I honestly can't conceive of any circumstances under which I'd part with it:

IMG_0417.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, colc said:

Plus the misaligned rear bumper, and the rust under the p/s rear tail light................and I've never got the attraction of really low mileage.......or the so called premium it brings

Seller claims it to be MoT exempt, which it isn't.  Not until 2024 at the earliest. 

On 10/31/2020 at 10:38 PM, strangeangel said:

It was derived from the earlier CH250 in 1986:

014.jpg.fc177f07d702943f5c2b987a5ff1524c.jpg

for the American market; same engine and running gear, but the wheelbase was streched 11", and a whole new set of bodywork designed. We got them in the UK in 1989, but they sold poorly and were gone by 1992. Meanwhile, in Japan, production continued until 2007, where they are still much  loved. They retain a cult following not only in the US and Japan, but - on a smaller scale - here in the UK. Spares availability is good, and maintenance is simple making them very easy machines to live with. There are about fifty left on the roads of the UK, two of which are in my garage. This is my 1986 Japanese domestic market bike - a Fusion. I honestly can't conceive of any circumstances under which I'd part with it:

IMG_0417.JPG

Is this the same model scooter that Sarah Conner owned in the first Terminator film? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233781572115

Screenshot_2020-11-14-22-56-13-23.thumb.jpg.ef5600796506e9ab0ef87e1ad365f206.jpg

LOW ANNUAL MILEAGE ONLY 6,000 MILES PER ANNUM FROM NEW...!

YES

ONLY 6,000 MILES PER ANNUM FROM NEW

Our Volvo 3.0 24V Petrol Power Plant

Erupts, Spilling Power Like A Volcano, & Spitting

It Forth Like A Pyroclastic Cloud

Does it fuck spill power

Also, how about some colour photos at that price, this isn't Instagram or the '60s

EDIT: it just gets worse the more you read: V90 touring. No number plate in the pics. The grammar and capitalisation...Jesus.  No mention of what makes it "special" beyond the 1 owner. "Double Your Money In 5 Years". Some "patina"...

On 11/14/2020 at 12:46 AM, colc said:

Plus the misaligned rear bumper, and the rust under the p/s rear tail light................and I've never got the attraction of really low mileage.......or the so called premium it brings

It is as "new",   so the PDI still has to be done. 😉

On 11/14/2020 at 10:59 PM, sdkrc said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233781572115

Screenshot_2020-11-14-22-56-13-23.thumb.jpg.ef5600796506e9ab0ef87e1ad365f206.jpg

Does it fuck spill power

Also, how about some colour photos at that price, this isn't Instagram or the '60s

EDIT: it just gets worse the more you read: V90 touring. No number plate in the pics. The grammar and capitalisation...Jesus.  No mention of what makes it "special" beyond the 1 owner. "Double Your Money In 5 Years". Some "patina"...

Inappropriate use of apostrophe.......I'm oot....!

On 11/14/2020 at 11:24 PM, spartacus said:

The same seller is advertising a 5 series estate, amongst other things, which has almost exactly the same wording to the advert.

That drivel isn't really forgiveable once, but to have a potential buyer see that flannel trotted out on another advert must really put them off.

I had to check the mg advert for a laugh.

Sadly no sumptuous interior or spilling power also no mention of 500,000 miles or double your money. Shame.

6 minutes ago, Ian_Fearn said:

In this months Classic Cars magazine.

I’ve no idea how you’d go about valuing something like this but no matter how hard I try, I see this as £5-6k max. 

6E3309DE-3C90-42F7-A97A-AC0CF7CC590F.thumb.jpeg.23dfaaf817a844e37f2f1eb53d39dbc2.jpeg

£11000 for that. I can think of about 11000 reasons not to buy at the price. I want some of what the seller is smoking...

39 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

"Got left on the drive when I got a company car"

... that doesn't explain how it got attacked by a gang of toddlers with a can of primer.

9 hours ago, FakeConcern said:

That reminds me of the one we saw on the AS trip to Jaywick years ago.  We were having a look round it and the owner came out of the neighbouring shack, looking like he'd just walked off the set of Deliverance.  We made our excuses and scarpered - I think even @outlaw118 was getting a bit worried...