ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

1 hour ago, Nev said:

Hey @DavidB & @1duck both of those should have gone in the eBay Tat thread, this is mainly for massively overpriced old shit...if that Marina was £4000 not £400 it'd qualify for instance. (As it also could go in the "Just scrap it" thread)!

The "bargain" bit in the title is meant as sarcasm, and had it been written now, would have had the obligatory asterisk. ?

Keep on shitin'

Cheers! couldn't find the just scrap it thread!

On 4/14/2020 at 10:02 AM, Billy - Medhurst said:

Yes that's a high price - but one day it will command such. This will be the next "Morris Minor" - I see more nova's than early poverty spec Corsa B's. I love it too.

72efe5b82df744ac87a799941ca72b1d.jpg

We had these when I first started as a driving instructor. They were horrid! Couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding going down hill with a following wind! Steering, 4 turns lock to lock. Vague? Made my Landrover seem direct! Electrics, would eat rear brake light bulbs for a pass time. I then changed companies and went over to Metros. Much better car. 1.4GTA if my memory serves me. 8 valve but a proper little pocket rocket. Much better handling. Loved it. 

4 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

Illegal plates. LHD - you could knock off at least 10,000 if you bought in France. 

I doubt the owner's ever been pulled for those plates - the Met's traffic section just aren't interested in that type of infringement.

Even so, twenty bags is one way of ensuring he'll be stuck with it for some time to come. It's a ten bag car, but no more than that. LHD not a help.

6 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Illegal plates.

Actually they are not illegal.

It's a 79 car so more than 40 years old and therefore tax and test exempt but interestingly it also means you can ditch the reflective plates and put those on, despite it having reflective as new.

3 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

Just had a rummage on the net about this and it seems it may be true. Classicsworld.co.uk/older plates confusing ANPR.

I didn't know that any vehicle now 40 years old can legally have black and white plates.

Never mind the forty-year-old mark, there are cars four years old out there that are carrying black-and-white plates.....although I've yet to see them half-hidden on the dashboard. 

There's a garage up the road from me selling cars. They do seem slightly over priced though.

2009 mondeo £3k. 

2010 mitsubishi £3k. 

2009 panda £4k it is a 4x4 though.  

2010 saab 9-3 cab £6k.

There are a lot worse there as well.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:05 PM, busmansholiday said:

Actually they are not illegal.

It's a 79 car so more than 40 years old and therefore tax and test exempt but interestingly it also means you can ditch the reflective plates and put those on, despite it having reflective as new.

I don’t think that’s right. They set a 40 year mark in 2015 - so as at 1975 - but it’s not a rolling date. 
https://classicmotorhub.com/blog/ask-footman-james-the-rules-and-regulations-for-black-and-silver-number-plates/

EDIT:

Actually that is right! Provided the vehicle is 40+ yrs old, you’ve applied to the DVLA, and have registered the vehicle in the Historic Vehicles class:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/878990/vehicle-registration-numbers-and-number-plates-inf104.pdf

Edited by Rod/b
Talking SHIT

1 hour ago, Rod/b said:

I don’t think that’s right. They set a 40 year mark in 2015 - so as at 1975 - but it’s not a rolling date. 
https://classicmotorhub.com/blog/ask-footman-james-the-rules-and-regulations-for-black-and-silver-number-plates/

EDIT:

Actually that is right! Provided the vehicle is 40+ yrs old, you’ve applied to the DVLA, and have registered the vehicle in the Historic Vehicles class:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/878990/vehicle-registration-numbers-and-number-plates-inf104.pdf

It's now a rolling year thing for the black plates, I didn't know that, shame my oldest car at min is a H reg. 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:47 AM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

13112081.jpg

Comedy asking price for CX S1 GTi. 

I think this might be the same car that DD Classics in Kew were flogging for 25 grand a few years 

Loads of nice CX on Le Bon Coin at mo. In France they are not particularly collected - not treated as unobtanium as some think in UK. Why pay that much when you could have one like this LWB leather and wood hunny for €3000?  Even has black plates. 

20200524_102452.jpg

4 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Loads of nice CX on Le Bon Coin at mo. In France they are not particularly collected - not treated as unobtanium as some think in UK. Why pay that much when you could have one like this LWB leather and wood hunny for €3000?  Even has black plates. 

20200524_102452.jpg

Yes please - even has those rear sun blinds like my old BX - wonder if t'missus would notice if I swapped it out for her little black Mini?

10 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

"....the exterior is very basic and the wrong alloys"

Hmmm, I'm kind of alright with the Tickford wheels and colour-coded bumpers, although I'm not sure what they're doing on a Sterling. I'm not at all happy about deletion of the rubbing strips, though.

Doesn't look terrible, but I can't imagine an "enthusiast" paying well over the odds for something that's been quite so plainly dicked about with. My bone-stock 825Si must be worth millions.

5 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

Hmmm, I'm kind of alright with the TWR bodykit wheels; they are at least model appropriate. I'm not at all happy about the colour-coding and deletion of the rubbing strips, though. Doesn't look terrible, but I can't imagine an "enthusiast" paying well over the odds for something that's been quite so plainly dicked about with.

Just did an MOT history search- It’s an 827 not a Sterling , which explains the plain exterior and possibly those wheels .I remember fleet operators being offered those rims, a Vitesse spoiler or a tow bar (!) F.O.C on basic 800s in 90/91. The company I worked at had about 4 820s with those 16” TWRs.

The MOT history is interesting a ten year gap then a massive fail in 2019 - Lots of rot, even mentions rear suspension about to fall out! 
Makes it seem even more of a bargain.

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

... It’s an 827 not a Sterling

Yeah, you're right, I'm pretty sure the Sterling and Vitesse didn't have the big gaping hole beneath the stereo; they would have had a Sierra Ghia-style door-open indicator diagram thingy. At least the earlier ones did; I know some strange spec realignments went on on the cusp of Mk2 production. In fact, I wasn't even sure if that digital climate control setup made it into the Mk1s, but I suppose it must have done.

Starting to think it might be a bit of a shed, TBH. Problem is, if it's been a shed, there's a fair chance it might revert to its old habits.

• 2 weeks later...
What's this worth, £2,000 on a good day?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-Citroen-BX-16-TRS/324196047099?hash=item4b7b9718fb:g:xGkAAOSwp49e42hN
Even the doctor would struggle getting 9K for that.

Yep, if it’s as nice as it looks, 2k. It’s only a 1.6 carb’d BX at the end of the day. I also know who the previous or 2 owners were. It’ sold to one of them for 800 quid.
The trader seems to think it’s a DS or SM or something.