ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

<insert any ad for a Land Rover Defender here>

I simply fail to understand how a 25 year old, rusty farm truck can be worth 15k just because it's done  less than 5 million miles.

Only pisses me off because I want one desperately and they cost more than I've earned in my entire life.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 5:58 PM, carlo said:

Thanks all the same, but I think I'd rather buy 3 Lancia Gamma Coupes, or maybe 3 Fiat 130 Coupes instead.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Beta-Coupe-Volumex-1984/254332559227?hash=item3b3766df7b:g:aJIAAOSwJNpdSnsA

That money’ll get you 7 Gamma Coupes... maybe 9 or 10 if they’re is iffy as mine.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:58 PM, carlo said:

Thanks all the same, but I think I'd rather buy 3 Lancia Gamma Coupes, or maybe 3 Fiat 130 Coupes instead.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Beta-Coupe-Volumex-1984/254332559227?hash=item3b3766df7b:g:aJIAAOSwJNpdSnsA

This item is no longer available. 

Thank Christ. 

22 hours ago, Wack said:

Just asked Mrs BMH if she fancied buying me a birthday pressie. Showed her the pic of the Rapier, clearly she doesn't love me enough.

"FRO if you think you're having another one of these" was her reply.

Sadly I think divorce would be quite a bit more expensive!

23 hours ago, Wack said:

Some gems in that collection.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:26 AM, Crackers said:

<insert any ad for a Land Rover Defender here>

I simply fail to understand how a 25 year old, rusty farm truck can be worth 15k just because it's done  less than 5 million miles.

Only pisses me off because I want one desperately and they cost more than I've earned in my entire life.

Sad to say, it’s because the are all being shipped over here to ‘Merica. 

They sell well and for big money. One for $25k is a rarity with most starting in the $30ks. 

I wouldn’t mind one either, but sadly know that unless I sell my newly running weekender and add a bit on top, a Defender is unlikely to ever be in my future either. 

On 10/26/2019 at 10:53 PM, Roobarb said:

Sad to say, it’s because the are all being shipped over here to ‘Merica. 

They sell well and for big money. One for $25k is a rarity with most starting in the $30ks. 

I wouldn’t mind one either, but sadly know that unless I sell my newly running weekender and add a bit on top, a Defender is unlikely to ever be in my future either. 

I thought they were crushing them as the were driven off the boat as the only thing 25 years old is the chassis plate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Arsebook bargain:

rsbook.thumb.jpg.8a02b5c1f7ae93a1083ecbaf7b3bc376.jpg

6K, no MOT...... won't need much....

Date tested14 September 2018

FAIL

View test certificate

Mileage157,032 miles

MOT test number1823 3789 6935

Test location

View test location

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Service brake efficiency below requirements (1.2.2 (a) (i))
  • Rear fog lamp not working (4.5.1 (a) (ii))
  • Rear fog lamp tell-tale not working (4.9.1 (a) (ii))
  • Registration plate lamp inoperative in the case of a single lamp or all lamps (4.7.1 (b) (ii))
  • Horn not working (7.7 (a) (ii))
  • All direction indicators not working (4.4.1 (a) (ii))
  • Windscreen washer not working (3.5 (a))
  • Nearside Front Windscreen wiper missing (3.4 (a))
  • Nearside Front Position lamp not working (4.2.1 (a))
  • Offside Front Position lamp not working (4.2.1 (a))
  • Nearside Front Position lamp lens seriously defective (4.2.1 (b))
  • Offside Front Position lamp lens seriously defective (4.2.1 (b))
  • Nearside Front Headlamp not working on dipped beam (4.1.1 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Headlamp not working on dipped beam (4.1.1 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Headlamp not working on main beam (4.1.1 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Headlamp not working on main beam (4.1.1 (a) (ii))
  • Headlamp aim not tested both (4.1.2 (b))
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm insecurely attached trailing arm bolt (nut missing) (5.3.3 (a) (i))
  • Brake pedal has insufficient reserve travel (1.1.2 (a))
  • Nearside Rear Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Offside Rear Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Nearside Front Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Offside Front Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Nearside Front Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced out rigger (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Offside Front Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced out rigger (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Driver's door hinge insecure (6.2.3 (c) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))

Talking of Maestros... 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392417423278

£4995 for this brown 1986 City X. I'm sure it's very nice but seems a bit pricey. 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by ProgRocker
upload photo of car

10 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

He's still asking 6 large for an LR with a significantly fucked chassis(TADTS) = vendor is a throbber.

This. My little cousin recently bought a 90, with a galvo chassis and an MOT, that actually runs, lights mostly work etc. for less than that. And, yes, I did try my best to talk him out of it ?