ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

He has already done a few of those :)

the "originals" did use a small blue "neon" lamp with with a high voltage driver connected to one electrode on the outside of the neon lamp and then one to the neon lamp itself in a vague attempt at ozone generation

but most these days just have a blue LED and do fook all

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be fair in the advert it says POA so they've probably just put a ludicrous figure there to draw attention to it. Although I'm sure they won't be upset if someone pays that! 

My issue would be its still only built to factory specification, for anything silly priced surely only properly original would do? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there must be an £11,000 MklV out there, but it's definitely not this one.

The awful half arsed interior and jammed sunroof would be enough to discourage me from looking at it as anything but a project, but those "new" tyres  look fucking ridiculous , presumably the proper size were too expensive, like doing the interior properly. Makes you wonder what's under the new paint.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-ZODIAC-MK4/202656909173?_trkparms=aid%3D333200%26algo%3DCOMP.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20171012094517%26meid%3D11210e6e3d7c4fcf879b204c155504af%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D133058849098%26itm%3D202656909173&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

image.thumb.png.fe85ea18d96c4a15dbd9b32b40e196d1.pngimage.thumb.png.eb147f9e6461d9f3a6ab758ed1b1c13e.png

1 hour ago, volvov70 said:

Are there any original 6R4's left. Surely they all were modified to one degree or another - I've never seen a "standard" one

I have a bit of one of Tony Pond's wing in my parents garage, circa 84/85 - POA??

Do you pro rata it for weight or surface area? 

I definitely agree, I imagine any of the original 11 International spec that are still around are triggers broom examples as any race car in a museum is likely to be. 

But my thinking was like for art work where the studio of a famous artist may produce as good a picture but for the real money collectors want the 'real deal' 

• 2 weeks later...

s-l1600.jpg

My Dad was a fastidious engineer who loved this car.

Oh aye, you can tell that at a glance.

£2950 OBO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/classic-car-citroen/254257842448

Why do people insist on trying to obscure the reg number of the vehicle they're selling? Invariably because they have something to hide, and in this case it's the fact that H976BTT is a complete and total rotter. Here's a brief summary of just some of it's previous failures:

• Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • Offside Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • all under body excessive corrosion
  • both front inner upper wheel arch/flitch areas very corroded
  • Offside Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)

9 hours ago, strangeangel said:

s-l1600.jpg

Oh aye, you can tell that at a glance.

£2950 OBO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/classic-car-citroen/254257842448

Why do people insist on trying to hide the reg number of the vehicle they're selling? Invariably because they have something to hide, and in this case it's the fact that H976BTT is a complete and total rotter. Here's a brief summary of just some of it's previous failures:

• Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
  • all under body excessive corrosion
  • both front inner upper wheel arch/flitch areas very corroded

strip and bridge it... all its worth

On 5/15/2019 at 9:34 PM, busmansholiday said:

I co drivered on a stage once in one, they were absolute beasts so want to drive one on a stage or two but at that price I will give it a miss and I have seen them for an awful lot less. Its a Metro always a winner in my book, its the bonkers rally version complete winner love love love. 

3 hours ago, stuboy said:

strip and bridge it... all its worth

Ads a classic. I love this bit "The interior lights are old but i Have found some replacements".

You ever been to look at a complete basket car and have some owner explain very carefully to you that he has a new very minor part when the whole of the car is a wreck - or been told a bootful of spares when in fact it comprises a box of used brake pads/shoes, some bent trim, a couple of half empty oil bottles and a broken jack? I have. 

Saw one of these for the first time yesterday, poo brown it was. Now this is just my sort of shite: awkward looking, sales flop, overpriced and under achieving..   Why not? I thought, and had a look - £14,000! Ludicrous! 

image.jpeg

What a knob; "Must be one of the most collectible Clios ever"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Renault-Clio-1998-RN-Zoom-1-of-5-on-the-roads-full-MOT-20k-1-owner-LOOK/163730094382?hash=item261f12f92e:g:bPYAAOSwH~Rc2Y1w

£3,500 for a semi automatic Clio with dodgy paint which is probably actually one of the least ever collectible Clios