Nouvelle tat: elle arrive en Sussex

barrett

My understanding is that this is why Dean Hunter has a 504 cabriolet with the Indenor turbo diesel in it*

For a while the nylon drive belt was unobtainable but I have a feeling you can get them again.

Blimey, what a stunner!!!! I remember some story from C+SC back in the day when someone (probably buckley) had a massive battle getting the kugelfisgher bits (on a 504) working properly, almost sent him insane, eventually he found a Peugeot main dealer who could do something with it amazingly!

• 4 months later...

Yo!

Did 65 miles in this the other day, the longest journey it's done in about 10 years we reckon. Was alright at first but after a while the inline fuel filter got clogged up and it was hardly getting any fuel through, which ended with it conking out by the side of the road. (fresh) fuel was disgusting and milky by the time it had got to the (new) filter. I have a horrible feeling this is gonna need the tank out and flushed to sort it. Good news is we've found a good welding man to sort the small bits of grot it needs doing for an MoT. Then it needs a couple of small available service-y bits and it should have a ticket. Storage is all up in the air at the moment so it's difficult to get anything done but hopefully some progress will be made soon. It's REALLY nice to drive when it's not broken.

1187061_10152350925130962_869988869_n.jp

If I had any space that pick-up would be here already, it was mega cheap when it sold at ACA. I really think a 'normal' 404 would make a brilliant interesting daily, no idea what a rattly old dizzler would be like though. I can't overstate just how well-balanced this thing is, whilst still being a bit soft and French and really comfortable. Best steering of any car I've driven, it's almost as maneuverable as a Herald despite being about twice as big. I reckon you'd be a bit disappointed if you paid £30k for one, mind

• 1 year later...

A rep at a firm I worked for when I was 18 had the Fiat version. He used to get me to move it between parking meters. Sometimes it took me quite a while to find another parking space near Theobalds Road.

On another note, has your mate got a John Donne poem on the side of his has as well?

21539295702_31f5c05107_z.jpg

The writing is on the wall by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr

Went to the pub in this today. Looks alright I reckon. Still runs like a bag of shite, like, but that's next on the agenda.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LDV-CONVOY-400-2-5-TURBO-DIESEL-ENGINE-PEUGEOT-ENGINE-/141795244475

There, I fixed it.

Beautiful car and the number plates look very "right", it's such a common mistake on old cars.

Bad number plates are a real pet hate of mine, it's just inexcusable and shows a real lack of taste. You can buy virtually every style of old plate now, and it makes an enormous difference to the way a car looks. I'm constantly surprised by how many otherwise nice cars are saddled with inappropriate plates. So, thanks for noticing Len

• 5 months later...

Had an update from Emile, the chap who's doing the engine work. The engine is out and he's waiting for the new pistons and liners to arrive. Clutch is done and I think most of the electrics too. He reckons the injection system is fundamentally okay so shouldn't take too much bother getting it running well when the motor goes back together. There's been a delay in getting all the new parts so he reckons it won't be ready until the start of May now. Can't wait to get it back!

Here's that one nice photo of it again en route to Emile's workshop in January.

post-3924-0-16415400-1458767545_thumb.jpg