Papa & Nicole.....Cya Later Alligator

nacho man

Well because the stag has been the most reliable motor I own I decided I needed some rusty, dog chewed, non operational electrical items, battered French chod.

a9e8y2ud.jpg

It was on gumtree for a small fee I haggled down to a smaller fee, it's motd till June and has a massive stack of history.

But both rear arches are rusty.
The rear brakes don't work.
Battery is shagged.
The front wing and bumper have scraped something.
It leaks coolant.
There seems to have been a alligator let loose to chew the interior.
Hardly any electrical items work.
All tyres are bold etc etc etc

4esajy9u.jpg

y9ubary4.jpg

9ujareha.jpg

But it's a Williams and I have always wanted one so what the hell. It's on the drive now. And I have got to figure what the hell to so with it.

Good examples of those are cracking cars to drive. One of the top hot hatches of all time, up there with the 306 GTi-6.

Looking forward to reading updates on this. If it's a good car underneath the scruffy surface you should invest some time and money in it and in ten years' time you're bound to get some proper cashback.

Those are a lot of fun. I had a valver, and it was pretty rapid with 200 cubes less. I always wanted those wheels, as my Clio had chromed versions of the 19 16v rims, and were a bastard to keep clean.

Ah yes, the OMGWTFPINEAPPLETURBINE, so beloved of dubbers the length and breadth of the country. If you run out of stylish 4 x 100 wheels to fit in your own manufacturer's catalogue, nick a set from another marque and claim they were yours all along. 

Presumably length and breadth was what had them polished in the first place. The wheels, I mean. Some of those lads have Dodo Juice instead of spinal fluid. 

It was £750 the main reason I bought it, I couldn't afford it at the mo because of house renovations, but you know how these things go.

Posted Image

So instead of fixing this I will be pissing about all weekend cleaning this.

Posted Image

Plus my 306 dizzler decided it now doesn't want to start in the morning with out turning over for 15 hours, so need to sort out where air is getting in the system.

It was £750 the main reason I bought it, I couldn't afford it at the mo because of house renovations, but you know how these things go.

ve8ajepu.jpg

So instead of fixing this I will be pissing about all weekend cleaning this.

egy2urar.jpg

Plus my 306 dizzler decided it now doesn't want to start in the morning with out turning over for 15 hours, so need to sort out where air is getting in the system.

£750 AND a slab of 70s Lino?  You sir are the King of the World!!

I was prepared to pay the grand asking price but every little helps that's knocked off the house we recently moved into is a 70s paradise, I tried to tell the missus it will come back in soon but she was having none of it and it's all being took out apart from the period stuff.

Posted Image

I will check tonight through the bills where it was serviced, it seems to have great history upto about 96k then nothing but it's only on 114k now so not the end of the world when it was £750 I was pretty lucky it had anything.

Posted Image

Yeah, had thoughts of a quick tart up and then flog it on, or maybe using it only for track days, but it's going to get sorned when the tax runs out this month. Then slowly but surely I am going to crack on with it and try and make it presentable.

First job will be acquiring all the parts. Which will take a while as I am skint because it's nearly Xmas, I own a stag, I don't earn enough and the house is in 60 minute makeover mode, it's just taking a bit longer.

Check out the concourse condition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I went to look at it, it was already running as the battery was flat, so couldn't properly check the fluids.

Posted Image

Good to see he was a careful considerate owner.

Posted Image

Plus point was it came with three mint speedlines. Gr8 for Del Boy replica.

Posted Image

It has a proper 90s sound system installed with a alpine CD player door speakers and ken wood 6x9s on the rear shelf with a amp in the fancy suit holder thingy bob under the parcel shelf, that little haul came out from the speaker cones.

First job was to lob a second hand battery on from the scrappers as I was there to find a priming bulb for my 306 dizzler which is getting air in the system after a long lay up and it takes forever to start, it hasn't fixed it. Gr9.

Might try cleaning it tomo. If it ain't freezing.

Nicole is 50, divorced, and has gotten spaniels ears. Papa is dead.

Noooooooooooooooo.

On the plus side, nice buy. Track day motor would get my vote, but then it would look nice restored to its former.

Daft question, but when you did you last change the glow plugs in the pug? in the one I had it needed them to start EVERY time even in mid summer.

Would be good if Nicole was as dirty as the car.

Yeah the plugs are good, correct voltage and resistance across them.

Fitted a second hand primer bulb today and a bit of new hose in places and checked all connections. So hopefully in the morn she is ok.

Praying to the Peugeot gods tonight.

I,am going to stick my neck out here,i MIGHT be wrong.

But i think i know who owned that car brand new and i,ve driven it when i used to collect it for servicing for the 2nd owner!

I might be wrong but i reconise that reg.

Did it start its life at HEWITTS OF SUNBURY.

Posted Image

That is a pretty good memory you have!!!!

Did you work for them???