New non-Peugeot shite for Mr C

carlo

Have had my eye on one of these for a while, they seem so cheap and I have to try and sample something else which isn't a Peugeot.  Finally taken the plunge with what seems a pretty decent example, and didn't have to go too far up the M5 to get it.  Have seen many like this for a grand sat on forecourts for months, well this was less than half that so seems a worthwhile gamble.  All reviews I've seen say it has a fantastic ride which is the most important thing in any car I use.  

Some notable firsts:

My first ever British car

My first ever car with a post 2001 number plate

Img_3849a.jpg

Img_3845a.jpg

Img_3834a.jpg

Img_3837a.jpg

Img_3847a.jpg

After a couple of days, this is what I like:

It does indeed have a fabulous ride, especially at low speeds

The V6 2.5 sounds wonderful, with a lovely muted snarl

Steering although light does have some feel

Doesn't seem to have too bad mpg, yet

I think it's a very handsome car, people really seem to like it

Great interior, loads of toys, Sunroof

Has apparently had the nightmare camshaft replaced

Cheap!

What appears not so good:

Frightened to death of something major going wrong

Rolls a bit too much on the bends

Seats not particularly comfortable, despite looking nice

A few things not working yet, i.e Radio, Cruise

Feels 'big' to drive after a 405

Like all other big V6 automatics I've driven, you really need to bury your foot to get the thing moving (which it does, eventually)

Will have to see if I get on with the thing.  I have a sneaking suspicion it may just not be 'me', so if anyone reading, like me, has always fancied one of these cheap (and it will be cheap), keep in touch.

Great buy . I had the pleasure of driving the estate with v6 from Edinburgh back to were I live

It had great power on the motorway also found it uncomfy but at the time I had a 406 coupe which was the best car I have owned for comfort .

Only problem my mate had with it was the central locking went crazy from time to time randomly setting of the alarm

Ps, mine has no flappy manifold now...just an oddly empty one....;-)

Are there any drawbacks to doing that?

(Just toying with the idea of a KV6 in my life. I like to remove anything and everything unneccessary from my cars)

Are there any drawbacks to doing that?

(Just toying with the idea of a KV6 in my life. I like to remove anything and everything unneccessary from my cars)

Non that I have noticed in 'real world' driving - still idles smoothly, no flat spots noticeable ( more than normal anyway) and goes like the absolute clappers. Possible slight loss of torque and subsequent increase in fuel consumption - but to be honest mine returns low 20's to 30's on a 20 mile mixed commute on a low/close ratio 'box which is very reasonable given the package. No rattlling flaps, random surges or wondering if the plastic arm will drop off and wedge the flaps shut.

Having said that - would like to get hold of a complete manifold and see if I can fabricate a alloy replacement 'kit' one of the days.

Ps - the plastic manifold is a bit of a sod to split and reseal if you rush it/don't know what you're doing.