Top drawer Sierra shite £ COLLECTED AND RE-HOMED!

HMC

I can be on the legendary save board, o the adulation of Autoshite, the king of sierra...

Box ticked.

Well done for stepping up, this is (well, seems) too nice a car for bad things to happen to it.  If you have any regrets then I imagine there's half a dozen people on here who will take it off your hands if the timing's right.

In my limited experience, the first drive in a new old car always feels like that (even without the MOT excitement).  From the second journey onwards I stop worrying it's about to explode and start to enjoy it.  Hope this happens to you too.

Top save sir!

Glad you made it back ok. That first journey back, one eye on the temp guage, ears tuned to the Pink Floyd cassette, brings the memories flooding back!

The weep from the rad is on the passenger side upper corner, if that makes sense. All the best with the recommissioning work on the ex wuvvum/Robt/brookjm/garycox ghia estate.

I Hereby award the Patrick le Quement legion d'honneur for saving one of his signature designs for the blue oval, from the oval.

Reality has kicked in, I couldn't see this beauty of a car getting scrapped....

I waited, and when it looked certain it was going to be weighed off, I stuck my twopeneth in.

I can't really have this clogging up my front garden, I have no need for the car, don't get me wrong its a beaut....But after saving the sierra, the wife's Ford focus catalytic convertor Is goosed, and I understand that fixing the sierra over the focus would be cheaper but not a viable option. I'll be carrying out works to the sierra, trying to get the windscreen replaced, service, clean etc but contact me and see if you can offer this load lugger a worthy home.

Hi Guys

As stated back up and available, i'll be having a play with the bonnet and the engine today, and throwing a sponge over the bodywork, I've spent all in about £190 on this purchase, fuel, purchase, insurance, and had to drive it under interesting circumstances, not doing this for a profit but first to offer me £200 has it, if not I'll MOT it and fix the windscreen. As I say feel bad about this but sometimes heart rules the head, lets save it again...

The sierra lives another day,I've been contacted by someone from the sierra forum. Hopefully collection today,promises to look after it, already has a sierra, not signed up to autoshite though so will try and convert. I just want to make people aware I didn't want to see this car go to scrap,and after receiving a shitty email from someone on here with it insinuated that I bought this for profit, totally wrong. I've covered my costs,but have actually come off negatively,my wife's car has the need for a catalytic converter , I'm a car enthusiast who thought this would be a nice memorable car to save. Maybe I might save another scrapyard bound car,but again do this for the sake of preservation only. Will update all

...... a sort of 'thumbs up' for the A$ way 》》 GR9 :)

Sad to report, as a flipsider, a poster on Savvy forum (in S.A.) has decided to fragg it...

... for refusing to start :(

"Going to buy something reliable"...... yes, I do my own servicing & it is !!!!

TS

Surprise surprise,a man in the know told me the potential buyer was going to race it.....now wont answer my calls back up for sale,must think twice before saving scrapyard bound cars,I don't know think you,re doing an honourable thing. Anyway contact me before the wife's nagging about the front garden looking like onslows place get to much.

I wouldn't feel too guilty about having to weigh it in and try to get as near to break even if I was you.  You tried your best, extended its life with the best of intentions.  I remember when I scrapped my 405 Estate last year I got dog's abuse from some idiot who only joined the forum that week; well, hey, you can't force someone to buy an old car that needs work!