Another bloody Benz barge

Junkman

Be the bad guy in seventies TV cop shows...

This is great I really like the look of these.

In 1974 'AV' became a Peterborough identifier. When your tank was new it was an Aberdeenshire issue. Makes sense.

These just look so right, love the stacked lights. Whats the engine? I know the later merc model ranges pretty well, but i get confused with the 3.5 v8 and 2.8 six models from this era. Bet the interior will scrub up minty fresh- that MB tex looks good even on worn smooth ex taxis

OK, story gets funny now.

Today I saw my friend who has the body shop where the car is going and I gave him some money so he can pay off the guy who is going to deliver the car.

My friend restored quite a few of these for a local classic Merc dealer and is currently restoring a 300SEL 6.3 for himself.

When dugong and I went to see the car on Wednesday, we were told by the seller that we are actually competing against another party that had enquired about the car and was supposed to be there to check it out later that day.

It turns out that said other party is none other than my friend.

So when he finally found out today that I had snatched the car away in front of his nose, his approving comment was 'ya bassa!'.

I love these..wicked purchase JM...whilst I owned my shoddy 250S... I spotted this whilst driving up to Rotorua for a gangster Christmas 1999

shitemercred6.jpg

In NZ at the time you could trace the owners plate..so I did that..the address coming up as the The Loaded Hogg Bar in Palmerston Nth..so I rang the guy up and said..Mate..You've got an old Mercedes sitting in a field outside of Taihape rego'd in your name..whats the story with it?..Brett replied..No idea about it mate..but if its in my name..Ill go up with the racing car transporter..load it up and its yours!..Sweeet i thought..so I gave him a week or so and then called him back..How'd Ya get on Mate?..His reply was Fucksake...I showed up with the trailer and I interrupted what looked like a gangster chop shop stolen car operation..they pulled a shotgun on me so had to clear out!..so no extra car for me...next time I saw it it had gained the company of two rare Skoda felicia vans...and then nxt time i drove past the whole lot had disappeared.

Was just reading this thread ,when my phone beeps with a message from my brother.

This picture.post-17414-0-79917800-1383947314_thumb.jpg

Apparently a mate of a mate has been tasked with getting rid of this and a w140 500, for a woman whose husband has buggered off !

No idea if it's up and running or a basket case, a local village garage owner is going to value them for her,so who knows what will happen.

It would be nice if it was like the urban legend of the wronged wife selling the cars under the husbands instruction and sending him the proceeds! Unfortunately I think it could go the other way and she thinks they're worth a fortune.

Car will be delivered on Wednesday.

Entirely btw., does anyone out there have a suitable radio for it?

I had a Becker mexico from the period that i recently sold, shame as that would have been perfect! I would imagine a becker/ blaupunkt of some sort would be right for it. Alternatively embrace the povo spec to the fullest and have none