Kennedy's captures - 1st May - Science

seth

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a bit quiet on here of late so sorry chaps. I've kept the camera finger busy though so here's a bumper holiday season crop. Something fo everyone I think.

This was in the car park of a clock/watch fair I go to sometimes. Hadn't seen it before. Was in a college in Uxbridge so maybe a stundents?

Posted Image

Oh, and this was there too and I know its new but we do all have a soft spot for them don't we. :wink:

Posted Image

No we move on to some snaps on the way to and back from a visit to a friends in Ealing, W London.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Quality modzz

Posted Image

Tricky to see but there's a bungee cord hooked into the holes on the rusty roof gutter

Posted Image

WWF sticker in the back

Posted Image

These are now all closer to home. Alfa has had a nasty smack

Posted Image

T bird still regularly used

Posted Image

This was the best (re)discovery for me this week. Last saw it several years ago inthe same place (a car park just behind a shopping street near my mum's) so great to see it still in use.

Posted Image

This might be somethign to do with the garage just in shot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh dear...

Posted Image

I thought this was a Yugo but obviouisly its a Citroen

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back over Ealing way I got excited when I saw this! Other than being a Mitsubishi I know no more!

Posted Image

An R25 also in Ealing. The house it was outside had a big 80's Merc S class in the drive with bonnet and boot open, work in progress.

Posted Image

And home again, recently. Can you tell by the fog?!

Posted Image

Noticed this for the first tima a couple of weeks ago on the drive. Since it's now on the streeet I guess its in use. :D

Posted Image

Another Accord keeping it company

Posted Image

To finish off, a BX turbo? That's what the graphics said.

Posted Image

Excellent stuff. Very sad about the Alfa- can you imagine how you'd feel if it was yours? I too love the Farina estate, a really handsome car. I could picture it on some classy wheels and with something a bit more potent under the bonnet, though I don't recall ever having seen one customised, which is a bit strange as just about all it's contemporaries featured in Street Machine or Custom Car when I was an avid reader of them! Good to see that phase 1 25 too, though the colour and slight ding in the front wing are ringing bells in my senile brain!! I've seen it before, quite recently, either on here, or possibly on e-bay. There must be more 25s about than I'd thought- never see them around here, yet they crop up fairly frequently both here and e-bay.

D'oh! Obviouusly they're Preludes :roll: Thannks Baz :D And yes, the BX was a TZD.

Here's a slighlty modified Farina wagon for you 55bloke.

Posted Image

A mate was doing a mild (as in very low and not much else) wagon with a Riley front end but decided it was too rotten and gave up. There will be a really cool pick-up (converted saloon) around in the coming months though.

I thought this was a Yugo but obviouisly its a Citroen

Bloomin hek! Often when I step out the CX or GSA in crap parks and petrol stations, I get the "hey, you don't see many of those anymore.."but you really DON'T see many of those LNAs anymore!Love the Saab and the Mk1(finally!) R25Those old Hondas are quite nice, what was the similar model that was larger than the civic, similar front end to the accord but was a coupe with a wikid glass rear roof portion?Haven't seen one for ages and can't quite bring the whole image together in mind - was sweet shite anyway.

Good to see that phase 1 25 too, though the colour and slight ding in the front wing are ringing bells in my senile brain!! I've seen it before, quite recently, either on here, or possibly on e-bay. .

It was on ebay fairly recently - no doubt went for next to nothing. Incidentally a friend of mine has a Phase 2 R25 Monaco for sale if anyone's interested - has all the nice leather interior, alloys and stuff but not the dash computer and voice synthesizer (a la GTS models). Part-ex to clear at £200! :D

Those old Hondas are quite nice, what was the similar model that was larger than the civic, similar front end to the accord but was a coupe with a wikid glass rear roof portion?

That'll be an Accord Aerodeck, they're nice. In USA I believe Accord saloons got the same front with pop-up lights. here's one that just sold for a measly £156 on eBay......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0068967083

That model of Galant is nice too, quite elegant IMO. First FWD model.

For modified farina estates I reckon this is pretty much perfect:

Posted Image

Edit: I'd ditch that horrid black strip though! It's from a very early copy of SM.

Notwithstanding it's period tackyness, that custom Farina is glorious!! Interesting, isn't it, that current generations rubbish earlier generations' fashions, in clothes, hairstyles, music, and even cars!! No doubt all that we consider cool will be thought crap by future generations.

That white Farina 'state custom must've been culled from a copy of Street machine circa '79/'80 :D I Had a distinct feeling of dejevu when I Saw it :lol: Am I Right Spottedlaurel :?:

Yup, certainly from an early issue - IIRC they included with a Custom Profile on the Farina range, though maybe they used the pic before on the Vans page?I love that look applied to big estates with 50's-inspired styling - there's also a MkII Zepyhr-family van conversion from about then that I rather like too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of additions from a jaunt out on Friday to see this:

Posted Image

which will hopefully soon be gracing the front of our property and endearing us to our neighbours.

Anyway on the same street as the Herald was this lovely pair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Picture the scene. It's 1983 and he's just retired with a nice little financial send off. The new build house is in good order so how about a nice new car to keep him busy and it'll be useful for trips to Butlins with the grandkids. Oh, better get something for the wife to do the shopping in too.

Go on, tell me I'm wrong!

Then these three in W. London, TR6 and Rootes made cat piss tarp were 20 yeards from each other.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I couldn't beleive it when I spotted this Daewoo!

Posted Image

That Herald failed its MOT some months ago but drives nicely and has 10k miles on a rebuilt 1500 engine, recon gearbox and correctly functioning overdrive. Our solid 1500 equippped 1200 Herald could do with an engine re-build and doesn't have O/D. Anyone see where this is going? :wink:

That Carina looks to be in remarkably good condition,

Maybe. Maybe not. The one I had was rotten in some really odd places... roof panel, pillars etc. Yet all the 'usual suspects' - wheelarches, leading / trailing edges etc were spotless. Quality car nonetheless and rare as a rare thing now. Regret getting shot of mine as it was a dream to drive.

The bonnett doesn't look right on the Herald: I think I must be seeing the twin headlamp Vitess? in my mind.Last shot shows a (quite rare?) Hilman Imp as well. What did they call the fastback? Chamoise wasn't it?

The bonnett doesn't look right on the Herald: I think I must be seeing the twin headlamp Vitess? in my mind.Last shot shows a (quite rare?) Hilman Imp as well. What did they call the fastback? Chamoise wasn't it?

The bonnet looks about right for a 13/60. They had what was basically a Vitesse front end with single headlamps. The 12/50 and earlier Heralds had a completely different bonnet, which IMHO looked a lot nicer.I think the fastback version of the Imp was called the Sunbeam Stiletto? Could be wrong though, I'm not an Imp expert. I know a mate of mine had a Singer Chamois which was a saloon, but they may have done a coupe version as well.

That Herald failed its MOT some months ago but drives nicely and has 10k miles on a rebuilt 1500 engine, recon gearbox and correctly functioning overdrive. Our solid 1500 equippped 1200 Herald could do with an engine re-build and doesn't have O/D. Anyone see where this is going? :wink:

Good thinking, & O/D is definately FTW!!!!!

What did the Herald fail on?

Sorry, realised I hadn't andwered this.Rust in various places (The chassis is already well patched everywhere), front trunnions both sides (possibly wishbones too), a rear trunnion/vertical link, steering UJ etc etc.We were considering that we would get it up to MOT standard and smoke about in it until the spring but there's so many other parts that are not "right" and it has so much obvious fibreglass and filler in it that its one of those that I think has gone too far now....