Kennedy's captures - 1st May - Science

seth

As seems to have become fashionable, this is to be a perpetual thread of stuff wot I have seen. I was considering calling it Seth's Shite but I figured that

a: you would not really want to see any of my personal by product

and/or

b: it could be construed as a somewhat self deprecating comment.

Enough rambling. On with the show....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The AH sprite has been on that driveway for at least 7 years. Actually, it moved once so that they could concrete over their front garden and put it back in the same position as before.

I've now been in touch with "my man in Calne" and he's been out for a look-see. He knew of the car as he'd seen it around town and it wasn't the first A35 that had been there either. He thinks it was sold on Ebay a couple of months ago and was suprised to hear when you saw it. Anyway, its not there now and there's a Land Rover in its place. He's looked it up and its still taxed until next year so I guess it is somewhere out there. I might try getting in touch with the owners club. Not that we need another car of course!

I've now been in touch with "my man in Calne" and he's been out for a look-see. He knew of the car as he'd seen it around town and it wasn't the first A35 that had been there either. He thinks it was sold on Ebay a couple of months ago and was suprised to hear when you saw it. Anyway, its not there now and there's a Land Rover in its place. He's looked it up and its still taxed until next year so I guess it is somewhere out there. I might try getting in touch with the owners club. Not that we need another car of course!

Glad you at least managed to follow it up mate. I do still make the occasional foray into wiltshire so I'll pass on any sightings. :D

Had to make a work delivery to Notting Hill on Friday. Even in a posh area like that there's some worthy shite, thoguh some of it is at the top end. A couple of cat piss tarps and spots on the way home too.

Merc's not such an unusual sight in this kind of place.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Left Notting Hill now. Can you tell?

Posted Image

New n' old mercs with possibly something Italian under the tarp?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wasn't going to update this until next week but then I got too excited by today's spots - especially the last one!

Posted Image

Posh tarp - have a shot from the other side where the tarp was coming off if you need clues :)

Posted Image

Cheap and easy tarp

Posted Image

And just look at this!!!! Quality US shite!

Posted Image

Some spots following a couple of jaunts in my local area and elsewhere in NW London

Posted Image

Posted Image

This house used to ahev acouple of CX's (one estate) out front. Seems he's updated the fleet.

Posted Image

Always useful in the suburbs in case a mountainous curb or muddy field enters view.

Posted Image

Wolseley and Austin used to live together on a drive around the corner from where they are now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally an Ovlov I've not seen move much but has been there for a few years. Gotta be a rare beast in this country? AAA sticker implies a US/Canadian origin?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice selection Seth, in particular the A50 and Wolseley 1500. Also seriously liking the A50 Suntor camper in the the background, one of your fleet I presume!Mentioning your motors, I recall reading an article on A55/60 Farina's in one of the classic car mags sometime ago and one of the featured cars was yours I think (a very smart A60 custom.) I went up in the attic last night to try and find said mag with no luck, but sure it will turn up over the next few weeks as have the delight of moving house!

And finally an Ovlov I've not seen move much but has been there for a few years. Gotta be a rare beast in this country? AAA sticker implies a US/Canadian origin?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, I'd say US for sure, 'specially as it's a 2 door - IIRC only the 142 was sold here as a big Volvo 2-door (apart from the 'gun bunker' 262C). I'd bet a classic rallyist would pay big money for that...

Not a huge amount for the now traditional late Sat night update.

This first one probably doesn't count even though it was simply parked at the side of the road in central London early last Sunday morning. Its owner was I expect doing as I was and watching the start of the London-Brighton run but I suspect his "ride" was too modern to take part.

Posted Image

However, just up the same street were these two lovelies that might well have had nothing to do with the L-B run at all :D

Posted Image

More locally to home:

Posted Image

Then to perhaps the find of the week, round the corner from the Dyane...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is that a sunroof on the Crown Wagon? Bizzare to see a newer Japanese import with a sunroof as pretty much everything bar race cars have aircon as standard, even povo business spec Hijets.Note the folded in mirrors, bet they're electric!

A few from today's little sojourn into posh Chelsea and Kings Road area.

Mr Bond couldn't find a parking space so just left the car on the double yellows outside Peter Jones instead :wink:

Posted Image

Not at all shite but I hadn't seen one before.

Posted Image

Ah, that's more like it.

Posted Image

Too scene to be shite and too new as well as it was 06 registered presumably Mexican? Might (and it's a fairly big might but given the area and that I glimpsed the family inside) have been driven by a well known chef.

Posted Image

Back to the job at hand.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D

Bumper crop today from a local stroll...

Posted Image

This VW has been around for a few years and is steadily getting worse...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alfa had some paint nasties on the bonnet

Posted Image

This was an unexpected find.

Posted Image

No prizes for this tarp

Posted Image

I know they're not shite but in this state surely... Been there for many years by a house that looks like it belongs to a "cat" lady

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Most of those I had seen before or had a vague recollection of. Its almost all from over on the posh side of the main road (Hampstead Garden Suburb) so people are either a:super richb:paupers having bought/rented property there (so have no money left for decent cars) orc:have been living there since before it was posh. The Minors definitly fall in the latter category!

Bumper crop today from a local stroll...

This VW has been around for a few years and is steadily getting worse...

Posted Image

Since when were the indicators ever positioned on the doors! That rear window? Blurrgghhh! I hate these home job 'let's not improve the thing but just mess around with it a bit' types! :roll: