Kennedy's captures - 1st May - Science

seth

"RAMMEL" (?)

Spotted_1032.jpg

I love this angle, especially those lights.

Isn't it wonderful that such a thing exists these days?

That one seems to be LPG converted in an effort to recoup something from the ruinous running costs. :lol:

A few you may have seen on R-R from the Ace Classic meet last night.

Aceclassics0411_001.jpg

Aceclassics0411_002.jpg

There were two W flavour crabs there.

Aceclassics0411_003.jpg

This is the Combi that was for sale recently. New owner's had it a couple of weeks.

Aceclassics0411_004.jpg

Aceclassics0411_007.jpg

Aceclassics0411_010.jpg

Aceclassics0411_011.jpg

Really nice photography there - what camera are you using, and on what settings?

Thanks. Its a Canon 40D with a Tamron 17-50 lens, both of which I bought second hand last year, resting on a cheap 7dayshop tripod. Aperture and shutter speed set manually but generally F5-ish and several seconds. Manual focus too but I can use the screen on the back, zoomed in on a highlight, to get this right when its too dark. I don't have a remote switch for the shutter so set it on a two second delay from pushing the button so that the tripod has hopefully stopped wobbling by the time the shutter opens.

Really nice photography there - what camera are you using, and on what settings?

Thanks. Its a Canon 40D with a Tamron 17-50 lens, both of which I bought second hand last year, resting on a cheap 7dayshop tripod. Aperture and shutter speed set manually but generally F5-ish and several seconds. Manual focus too but I can use the screen on the back, zoomed in on a highlight, to get this right when its too dark. I don't have a remote switch for the shutter so set it on a two second delay from pushing the button so that the tripod has hopefully stopped wobbling by the time the shutter opens.

Thanks - I'd kinda figured it must be a DSLR, there's just no doubt they give better results. I can see I'm gunna have to have one at some point.

55b, sorry hope my reply wasn't overly complicated but didn't really know where you were coming from. :oops:

Keef, I can't remember but I think the other one was the one that is there fairly often.

B in da US, yup, that was Walters one. He's presumably got some money for the Bentley engine re-build now. New owner also has a Bentley of some sort.

55b, sorry hope my reply wasn't overly complicated but didn't really know where you were coming from. :oops:

No apology required, answer was exactly what I was hoping for! I keep telling myself my Powershot is adequate for my needs, then I see pics like those, and I realise it's just not in the same league as a DSLR!

• 3 weeks later...

Not really the "usual" spots but thought a few of these photos may be of interest. Made a visit to the Science Museum today as we do at least annually I reckon. Found some stuff I'd never seen before as things seem to change pretty often.

Nickel F1 headers

Sciencemus05-11_001.jpg

I thought the Vette still had a steel chassis?

Sciencemus05-11_002.jpg

Part of a Bic chandelier in an exhibition of plastics.

Sciencemus05-11_003.jpg

A Bakelite radio in the same exhibition for Wat.

Sciencemus05-11_004.jpg

I want one of these to use. Its wheel cutting engine. You know, for small gears. Unfortunately collectors of these things have more money than me.

Sciencemus05-11_005.jpg

Hadn't been to the aeroplane bit in recent memory, but look at this! Dozens of aero engines of all eras stacked up in racking! Need to go back when time is less limited by women.

Sciencemus05-11_007.jpg

Sciencemus05-11_008.jpg

Liberty as fitted to "Babs"

Sciencemus05-11_009.jpg

RR engine. The actual one that set an LSR.

Sciencemus05-11_010.jpg

Sciencemus05-11_011.jpg

Whole planes too. Schneider trophy winner.

Sciencemus05-11_012.jpg

Some ooze

Sciencemus05-11_013.jpg

Some ooohs.

Sciencemus05-11_014.jpg

One of the reasons for going was to see this Sno-Cat recently arrived from the Wroughton stores. There was a great thread on R-R about this trek.

Sciencemus05-11_015.jpg

Sciencemus05-11_016.jpg

And finally, there was a bit on recycling materials were this three screen film was playing showing two blokes pulling a Metro to pieces. Looked like it had been filmed in about 1987.

Sciencemus05-11_017.jpg

Normal service will resume next update including the R4 van that drove past as I was crossing the road to take a photo of a Minor.

I want one of these to use. Its wheel cutting engine. You know, for small gears. Unfortunately collectors of these things have more money than me.

Thats the annoying thing about this sort of equipment is that someone will spend hundreds on it and never use it.