Kennedy's captures - 1st May - Science

seth

Why the random number plate blanking? :?:

Not sure really! I think I was just having a go to try and do it in a different way (I tend to do certain friends cars etc.) and just picked a random spot photo to play with.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few from the last couple of weeks.

Not normally considered shite but this one is so anti-scene. Seen it drive around locally over the last few months but not seen it stationary. Looks like one owner painter/decorator/plumbers van.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We normally get annoyed when people park on the very short piece of kerb between us and next door as it is unavoidable in anything but a smart to partially block one of the driveways. But it was tricky to feel peeved at this piece of shite!

Posted Image

Old boy Mk3

Posted Image

and just to document the FSO dual-cab shat-wagon in this thread....

Posted Image

Katie took our daughter to a birthday party Sunday before last. Took the camera with. Didn't take any photos of kids enjoying themselves but snapped this combo in traffic on the way home!

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

A few new ones from the capital's 'burbs.

Posted Image

This Marina (1.3) has popped up close to where there was a Landcrab last year. Might be a serial tat driver - will make sure I've got a AS card in my pocjet next time I go past.

Posted Image

This interior means its not likely an old giffer's

Posted Image

This isn't really shite in this condition. The garages have always had something Citroen parked outside but its all been 90's stuff since a pair of CXs went a while ago.

Posted Image

Nice pairing

Posted Image

Posted Image

Quite new shite for me but a Crown wagon! With Hirst look lacey covers and everything!

Posted Image

House & car shite. This was a great find. I turned up this road to have a look as I had a feeling a street made up of 60's/70's town houses might throw something up. Nothing until I get right to the end and bam! There she is!

Posted Image

Slow corrugated shite.

Posted Image

And you could slide down a pole, Batman-style."To the shitemobile!"(Batman logo spins into screen, cuts to a ropey Bluebird pulling into Aldi car park)

Here's some of the more shitey photos from last nights Ace Cafe classic night.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was badged as a Birotor (and has been ot the Ace before) but discussing with AnthonyG and Paul H we couldn't decide if it was genuine!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm no expert, but I reckon the GS's beefier front wings and side repeaters (which aren't a requirement in Continental Yoorup - or at least weren't until recently) would mean it's a Birotor all right. What did it sound like?

I'm no expert, but I reckon the GS's beefier front wings and side repeaters (which aren't a requirement in Continental Yoorup - or at least weren't until recently) would mean it's a Birotor all right. What did it sound like?

Yeah those wings are the instant identifier for a Birotor I reckon too. But, did I read somewhere that Citroen bought them all back and destroyed them for some reason, or was I dreaming :?:

• 1 month later...

Here's some more Ace shite from last weeks classic night. I'll try and avoid posting obvious classic material!

Posted Image

This mini based half wooden contraption looked frightening!

Posted Image

The shite end of supercardom I reckon.

Posted Image

Hmmm Jowett!

Posted Image

Shite car of the night was this Lancia in barn/garage fresh condition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Merc was quite dull in the paint dept too.

Posted Image

And in BL corner, these two treats.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A couple of more spots and building shite coming soon...

Posted Image

Interesting pic.

Is that a converted Fire Station? Make a great pad for an AutoShiter. Plenty of room for the cars downstairs and a bed a kitchen upstairs. :-)

I realise I never answered this Keef. Don't think it was ever a fire station. Down the ally there is a paint/bodyshop and a wheel re-furb guy who I think has been trading from this area since the early seventies. At the other end of the alley which is basically a "mews" type road behind the shops on the main road there is another such building that until a couple of years ago had an ancient four post lift outside.

The side of the road where I was standing to take the photo also has a similar service road that housed until about 5 years ago another garage type outfit that was demolished to make way for posh new accountants offices. There was even a pre-war petrol pump. I never took photos :(

Basically I think that when this area was built in the 20's these buildings served the local motoring needs of the rapidly expanding population that was moving in.

Ah, here's "The Village Garage" complete with twenties style murals behind the old pumps.

Posted Image

Except that this is "Bloomsbury Village" just of Tottenham Court Road in central London.

Posted Image

I read in last weeks Time Out that this was being closed and demolished by the beginning of June so made a point to find it (never knew it existed!) and photograph it for posterity. The article said it was attendant service too but that the Congestion Charge had cut their income hugely and the plot was being sold for development :(

We were away camping for the weekend and this lovely was hiding in the bushes outside a shite house opposite the site.

Posted Image

Its an A90 "big" six pot pre-Farina and actually seems quite sound.

Posted Image

It was blocking the route to the garage, I wonder what's in there!

It was a smallish village where my grandparents lived while I was younger and the old butcher shop had gone in the last 15 years but it seemed quite lively still and had one active shop, a garage/car sales and this proper old style engineers shop with wrapped up lathe and mill standing guard. Nice to see such things still exist.

Posted Image

And a shitey shite spot on the way home.

Posted Image

Can't believe that lovely old filling station is being demolished, just seems so wrong :x About 2 months ago I was working in the Bristol area and during a spare half hour one day I went along to the industrial museum site on the old dockside to find out when it opens as both my sons expressed an interest in paying a visit when on a previous visit to the City, only to find museum had gone and the the wonderful old warehouse building that housed it was being redeveloped, more than likely into shit souless glass fronted offices and silly money apartments :evil:

Katie took our daughter to a birthday party Sunday before last. Took the camera with. Didn't take any photos of kids enjoying themselves but snapped this combo in traffic on the way home!

Posted Image

Very nice! I could be wrong but that colour is Apollo Green, a rare colour and the original one of my first Capri. Looks great on Capris and Granadas.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a bumper phone-pic-a-rama...

Posted Image

Posted Image

This Dodge (?) managed to squeeze into the traffic just behind me...

Posted Image

and I got a further look at Hangar Lane.

Posted Image

ASDA carpark action shot

Posted Image

ASDA car park static shot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Long distance Nursery run shot.

Posted Image

4x4 shite!

Posted Image

A very obvious CPT that's been sat there for some years.

Posted Image

Typical MG town car. There's so many about being used. Must get a photo of the badly repaired one by Leicester Square station.

Posted Image

First of a few BMWs

Posted Image

Central London V8!

Posted Image

A double haul of local Japanese crap.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm spending quite bit of time in the city at the moment and the rest come from a walkabout yesterday. This 520 was really clean.

Posted Image

And a not so shite M535!

Posted Image

Relying on you.

Posted Image

Nice 3 door Colt.

Posted Image

And finally some excellet bike shite in studentville.

Posted Image