Cars what I have had

anonymous user

After the Bentley I came to my senses and bought something more suited to me. A C15 of many shiters, it saved me a fortune in fuel as at the time I was back and for to my sister's to clear 50 years worth of junk from her house prior to her moving, it saved on skip hire as well with all the tip runs. The van is now with Holbeck. I replaced it with something similar. 

IMG_20170309_145056572_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170315_150344635_HDR.jpg

I had a few problems with the Land Rover and it was off the road for a few weeks, I was stupid and bought another Land Rover, on paper it was a better one  (galvanized chassis, station wagon, tdi)

In reality I wish I'd never bought it, I sold the red one, ended up spending a load on the grey one, until I hated it and sold it at a loss.

20190320_150458.jpg

• 1 month later...

And as of yesterday I  have this. Due to Covid19 a socially distant transaction was carried out and it was collected from Tavistock and brought to Bridgend by a very helpful transport company based in Bristol. So far apart from moving it up onto the drive I have only driven as far as Sainsburys. It is just as I remember them. I have always liked them, it rides much better than my Kia.

It is very much a Keeping up Appearances car, I shall have to wear a Trilby hat to drive it and watch out for cyclists.

20200611_150422.jpg

• 7 months later...

And now the Kia and Vanden Plas have gone.

I still get to use the Mx5 sometimes, but working mostly from home and with nowhere to go due to covid that doesn't happen much. 

The Kia was replaced in July when I impulse bought a Panda 4x4, which even though I don't really go anywhere has already racked up over 7000 miles

20200712_120244.jpg

I also found a photo of one of the Morgans I'd half forgotten about. It's the one I took back in part exchange when I sold the yellow one, it was a shed, it had been raced and converted to take a 2 litre Pinto. I wish I had a garage now.

mog.jpg

Just had a look through an old photo album so a couple more from the past

My old Hereford, the chap under the bonnet is Brian who bought it off me.

The Gamma was something I always fancied, unfortunately it used to ground on the ramp into the garage so I hardly used it. I bought an Alfa 164 3 litre around the same time so tended to use that instead.

The Series 1 Land Rover replaced my Mk 1 Panda 4x4 as my get me out in the snow car. 

20210201_171934.jpg

20210201_172210.jpg

20210201_171139.jpg

The Gamma would have been around 1995, it was very thirsty around town, but made a lovely noise. The bungalow had a basement garage (which it shared with the 164 Alfa and 164 Volvo) had an awkward ramp, the Gamma was a bit low slung and the exhaust used to catch on it, I had the exhaust reslung a few times, but it wasn't successful. I had the Bond Equipe 2 litre as well for a while, apart from fitting a new hood to that I didn't do much with that either. 

• 8 months later...

A tiny update. The Mx5 finally sold and I  did not intend to replace it. I spent a few days with my sister who is disabled and we were chatting about if you want to do it do it while you can (she was competing in a para class with her horse)

I have always fancied a Morris Minor Traveller so had a look around to see what was available. I ended up buying this.

i20211018_120138.thumb.jpg.df04d0e969e7e12ae57516936eccfc29.jpg

It was dropped off today, it is far too nice for me, I will probably ruin it. 

I can't bear the thought of leaving it out over the winter so have booked storage for it at a place in Cardiff. Had a play with it this afternoon and got some of the non working electrics working (dirty fuses).

So it's not quite a Minor Traveller but I'm happy.

15 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

A tiny update. The Mx5 finally sold and I  did not intend to replace it. I spent a few days with my sister who is disabled and we were chatting about if you want to do it do it while you can (she was competing in a para class with her horse)

I have always fancied a Morris Minor Traveller so had a look around to see what was available. I ended up buying this.

i20211018_120138.thumb.jpg.df04d0e969e7e12ae57516936eccfc29.jpg

It was dropped off today, it is far too nice for me, I will probably ruin it. 

I can't bear the thought of leaving it out over the winter so have booked storage for it at a place in Cardiff. Had a play with it this afternoon and got some of the non working electrics working (dirty fuses).

So it's not quite a Minor Traveller but I'm happy.

More pictures and details! You can't leave it at that!

Very nice!