dollywobbler

19 Years of Tin Snail - Back to normality

43 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

In an ideal world, yes. Mine is a bit more faff.  It works an absolute treat though. Generally, I wasn't bothering with sun cream (I did during the heatwave). That was very welcome. It does add a bit more noise, and it does rob the rear of headroom, but I'm very glad I bought it.

Rear headroom is the only downside. I’ve taken the shade off when I’ve done weddings and the bride doesn’t usually like messing her hair. Other than that it stays in place with the roof up or down. My first international meeting was the 1998 Paris anniversary. I drove down, in convoy, with the roof off and my arm on the window frame. A big, and very sore and red mistake. Matts shade is a great invention for us red headed welshmen.

watched the last of the road trip videos last night and today

Awesome stuff :) 

I wonder what other motorists thought of a 2CV flying past them at 80Mph! :mrgreen:

Just mentioning it as it seems like an easy thing to forget about but when landing back in the UK did you remember to readjust your head lamps for RHD? :) 

Last night was the first run out in the 2CV since getting home. I fitted a new flasher can relay, so indicator functionality has been restored. Reminded myself that you don't HAVE to travel thousands of miles to find epic views...

EBx7vZJWkAEHQIM.jpg

Was a two-hour round trip. What was interesting was that it genuinely felt good to be back in the 2CV. That definitely says something, because there are many long distance trips where the last thing I want to do is climb back into the car I used. I need to schedule in some love for this car - kingpin replacement being the major priority.

What a grand trip indeed. I enjoyed all of the videos you put out. Shame it's finally come to an end, but it's good to see you and Elly made it back to home soil safe and sound.

Marvellous machine, that 2CV. Hopefully the new blinker can is of the uneven type that makes strange squeaky noises!

Ah well. New developments and all that. Ridding everything of personality.

Anyway, I had to do the manual blinking thing with a motorcycle once, and it grew old really fast, so I agree with the notion of functionality first.