NE1 4 Christmas Charades ?

lovejoy

Dugong did a valiant job getting this thing here, enduring HM's railways and all that sort of rot.

Then he drove this thing up here, 350 miles at 14,000 OMGRPM bader glory making his ears bleed.

He is a hero if there ever was one.

In true Austrian fashion, I'm going to top up his doubtless depleted bodily fluids with an insane amount of beer tomorrow evening.

Well, there isn't any oil left in the engine now, which just shows how coked up it must have been.

Oil filter on order. After a nice oil change, it should remedy itself.

Was the same story with the Mybitofshite, which spent all its former life on the Isle of Wight,

then in that there London. It was so coked up, that it struggled to do 50. Drank all of its sump

content on the way to here, then behaved in an exemplary manner after the oil was changed

twice in short order.

5W40 is probably a bit thin when driven at motorway speeds for hours on end, so that would contribute to it being burnt quicker.

The litre of oil is still in the boot. For the next 15 mins, because then I have lunch break and dump it into the engine.

You'll see, everything will be fine after one or two oil changes.

It was full when I left and hadn't used any by the time I got to Gordano services on the M5 and it cooled. I'd have topped it up had it needed it.

Perhaps the oil consumption co-incided with the time of the journey it swapped its rigger boots for something lighter?

Was watching the mirror for the oil cloud accelerating - tgere wasn't any. A 65mph 5 hour run would clean anything out....or starve the bearings dry.

Phil refused payment for the Royal Purple, BTW.

Congratulations Dugong -  should have packed you a supply of oily bacon sarnies too, did you get that

old BL radio I waved in front of you ?  it WON"T fit the Charade  -  too deep,

Hope to meet up with you sometime, Christian, even the Charade keyring has your name on it;

what more could you ask for.....  !

Having spent some time with this today I declare it a splendid little car. The Diamatic transmission is an interesting thing, looking very much like a normal automatic but one which does not actually shift gear for you. 

There's some good information in the handbook. Here's how to install a turbo:

post-17021-0-53112500-1413677010_thumb.jpg

There's a diagram on how to avoid the DVLA giving your Charade a Q-plate:

post-17021-0-00785700-1413677010_thumb.jpg

And here's a postcard from the world's shittiest seaside resort:

post-17021-0-54755100-1413677009_thumb.jpg

CONELRAD endorses this advice to keep your car away from fallout. Doing so should minimise the number of dead boodies you encounter. 

Hello, what's this behind the manual? 

post-17021-0-49057800-1413677461_thumb.jpg

A 35mm film canister... with something inside? I hope it's undeveloped film!

. . . 

post-17021-0-94644300-1413677461_thumb.jpg

No, it's, uh... a rock.

Thank you for the rock cylinder, lovejoy.