NE1 4 Christmas Charades ?

lovejoy

d

Do you have any more photos? I.e Interior and and idea of body work please?. I have a sister in Cornwall looking for a cheap car, I'm trying to talk her into it...

Hi Trigger  - tried to send you a PM, but says you can't accept any more ???

- so here it is, for all to read !   hope that's OK

Hi Trigger, just saw your request for more photos / info on my red G11 Charade...

I and the car are near Penzance, not sure where your sister is located ?  I would prefer it goes to a like-minded autoshiter,

who will nurture the car rather than use it as a cheap daily hack;

There are no real issues, I have to change a manifold to downpipe gasket, which is already on order, as the mot man found a small blow, and put in some sealant as a temp measure.

the offside rear window works, but I think the channel has past

its sell by date (common Charade fault on the rears) as the glass can drop down, so I only open it a smidgeon.

With the electric steel sunroof, I tend to not use windows at all. 

Interior is as original.no holes cut for speakers, original (working) AM radio (!) front seats have always had cover on since I've had it. All tools present, owners handbook, old mot's to prove mileage, I am not able to upload any photos here, but can scour Autoshite / Flickr for some others for you, but no interior shots taken.

I will be sorry to see it go, but as I have little storage, and go away for the winters, this is the reason for it being on offer.  I think it's very fairly priced at what I paid for it a long while back !  cheers  from a cold wet cornwall

I'm in Cornwall and am bidding on a car in Newcastle which ends tonight . I have trade insurance and plates .

Will this help anyone ?

Would that be Newcastle upon Tyne, or under Lyme?

In theory, you could drive the Daihatsu all the way to Stockport, where some hot food and a cuppa will await you.

I could then drive you to whichever Newcastle you like, provided it is on a weekend.

During the week, I can only offer to drive you to the train station, unfortunately.

In either case, I can provide free lodging, if the entire trip is too long for one day.

Well, everything points towards Dugong Delivery Service.

What would be a convenient time to pick it up?

Sorry not to get back to you sooner, am up in Truro again, on another computer;

anytime that is good for you, is good for me, but I want to whip it down to Quick-Fit in

Penzance to have them replace the metal gasket between manifold and downpipe,

it was delivered yesterday, otherwise it may get worse as you drive oop north, and lose

power too, it was a small blow which they fixed with some sealannt, but that's only a temp

job.

Next week would be excellent, and hopefully not so wet either, I did send Dugong an

alternative contact number which is better than the crap EE/Orange coverage of the

other number he had.  said he would give me a bell after work Wed - still waiting !

Calling Junkman, Dugong, Station, and all others who are into 3 -cyl Charades !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161427143860?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true#ht_66wt_1016

(can anyone put the 3 pics up for me please and thankyou?)

looks like the chinese-eye run out version, can't click on the extra pics unfortunately,

but had one of these in black, lots of nice improvement touches everywhere, the steering

wheel being one of them.....

don't all rush at once, looks like a Portsmouth postcode to me. wonder if it's possible

to tow two Charades behind a third ? !!!

Hi John - good luck with your nocturnal train ride tonight,

I had the downpipe gasket replaced, no problem.

We have been invited to pop in to "Two Smoke 300"'s premises

in Redruth, which is an easy one as it's just off the A30

going up the Redruth bypass.

So I will lead you in another car and you can double czech all

is ok before your jaunt back oop north ! I do hope you will do

a "collection" feature on the trip, with the usual baked beanz &

bacon pics along with the Gll in mysterious places !!

See you in the morning, cheers ( I will have on a black hat)