NE1 4 Christmas Charades ?

lovejoy

Am sadly thinking of moving on this, which has served me well, just 47K genuine miles....

URL=http://s665.photobucket.com/user/lovejoyantiques/media/IMG_0577_zps38fc9b30.jpg.html]IMG_0577_zps38fc9b30.jpg[/url]

as  earlier this year, I purloined this, from Wuvvum, of this parish.....

IMG_0592_zps875bfc00.jpg

only room for one in the garage, so hastily constructed a tiny carport to keep it sorned under...

IMG_0596_zps381c0b0a.jpg

the 1984 G11 993cc 3 cyl charade is an AUTO !!   and having had a brace of 5 speed manuals, I can safely say it is not as quick !!  but I think there is a linkage missing on the carb, unsure but there seems to be a secondary venturi that does not have a visible connection to open it,and it's not vacuum operated.

That said, it keeps up with Cornish traffic ok, ideal down tiny country lanes, and goes thru mot's with just an advise on front tyres every year (at Kwik-Fit !!!).

Offers, please, in a brown paper bag; - go on, you know you want a laff for xmas !

Station  - that green one looks pretty tidy !  coventry registration ?   Mine is Sorned over winter, and locked up behing that Twingo,

but it will come out in spring again - when the sun shines down in the We*t country, how far away are you? I do drive it up to Dorset on occasions....   will pm you shortly..

well, on a clear night, you might see a glow in the southern sky from the lights in cherbourg, but the car is actually nearer to

Newfoundland, being just a few miles outside of Penzance !

As to contents of brown paper bag, well, greenbacks to the tune of what I paid for it would be accepted, which was 300 english

pounds, before they were devalued on the printing press  -  Zimbabwean dollars NOT accepted though, sorry !

• 11 months later...

Sorry bout that fellas !  (Station)....   I will let it go for 300,

as asked

last year in the reply to Junkman....   only I had already sorned it by then....

("As to contents of brown paper bag, well, greenbacks to the tune of what I paid for it would be accepted,

was 300 pounds")

Porsche 944 was formerly BobtheBeard's, the one he swapped for Mikeknight's Honda Prelude.

It needs some cosmetic fettling on the outside (not rust, just minor paint issues), the passenger window doesn't work which we think is down to the switch and it needs the clutch release bearing looking at which seems a bit noisome, we were planning on fitting a new clutch if needed.

As is, we're wanting in the region of £1100, new clutch and fully fettled, £1500-1800.

I'd like to say we're not in a rush to sell it, but if someone threw a suitable amount of money at us we're not going to stop them taking it away.